Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:21 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

There a book and everything!

http://www.amazon.com/Members-Tribe-.../dp/0553053086

Have you heard the expression "Jewish Geography"? That's another popular term - if you meet a new person, you figure out possible connections, like your cousin's friend who went to summer camp with their brother in law. If you work at it long enough, you can usually find some connection! lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:34 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Bacon is not Kosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Have you heard the expression "Jewish Geography"?
Yes!
At college in 1967. (There were lots of greater NYC Jews in my engineering school).
Way before Kevin Bacon's time.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:36 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Member of the Tribe. Jewish colloquialism for another Jew.
We're Both Stapleton Jews? We should have a C-D meet up for coffee and invite Denverian too. He can be our gentile friend.

I agree that a lot of these numbers seem off the more I think about it.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Yes!
At college in 1967. (There were lots of greater NYC Jews in my engineering school).
Way before Kevin Bacon's time.
Jewish Engineers? That's kind of funny. Most Jewish men I know can't even fix anything. I know I should probably not stereotype my own people.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:41 AM

897 posts, read 1,253,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Jewish Engineers? That's kind of funny. Most Jewish men I know can't even fix anything. I know I should probably not stereotype my own people.
I don't know about that. I am pretty handy, both with computers and DIY stuff. My grandfather was an electrician. I know you didn't mean it offensively but yea a person is good at what he or she is good at you know? From all walks of life...

Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Quote:
Jewish Engineers? That's kind of funny. Most Jewish men I know can't even fix anything.
Don't doctors and lawyers "fix things"?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
I don't know about that. I am pretty handy, both with computers and DIY stuff. My grandfather was an electrician. I know you didn't mean it offensively but yea a person is good at what he or she is good at you know? From all walks of life...
I know, I was kidding around. You are correct, some things are innate, but a lot of stuff, particularly DIY, is learned from parent to child. You had family that valued those skills and passed them on, I bet.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
There are a fair number of Lutherans among the church goers.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 AM

897 posts, read 1,253,159 times
Quote:
I know, I was kidding around. You are correct, some things are innate, but a lot of stuff, particularly DIY, is learned from parent to child. You had family that valued those skills and passed them on, I bet.
Yea my grandpa taught me a bunch, mostly electrical stuff, until he passed away when I was 13 and I was good with computers for as long as I can remember. My dad (love him to death) can't even fix a loose door knob without having a meltdown

I keep an attitude of "I can always call a professional later, let's see if I can fix it myself. If I can't like I said a professional is one phone call away and I *may* have broken it further but at least I learned something" and it seems to be going ok so far - I fix more than I break, although I have been known to make a mountain out of an anthill hehe

Old 04-09-2015, 10:10 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I guess I should try to earn my pay as a moderator ($Zero) and anally remind everyone that one of the least standard things in our nation are the statistics touted by one site over another as the beelzebub is in the details of when the stats were gathered, the size of the sample taken, the source of the stats, who gathered them, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver