Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 02:37 AM

20 posts, read 113,324 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be moving to the Denver area this summer and was wondering about average commute times to/from Downtown Denver from the various suburbs listed below. No need to include commute times via Light Rail, as I have a schedule.

To help out, I will typically arrive to work at 6:45-7:00 AM and leave anywhere between 4:45-5:45 PM. My work location will be situated at 17th and Broadway.

* Broomfield
* Arvada
* Golden (Easterly section)
* Ken Caryl
* Highlands Ranch
* Centennial
* Parker (West / Northwest section)
* Parker (more Easterly / Southeast section)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 04:01 AM

309 posts, read 365,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb158 View Post
Hello,

I will be moving to the Denver area this summer and was wondering about average commute times to/from Downtown Denver from the various suburbs listed below. No need to include commute times via Light Rail, as I have a schedule.

To help out, I will typically arrive to work at 6:45-7:00 AM and leave anywhere between 4:45-5:45 PM. My work location will be situated at 17th and Broadway.

* Broomfield
* Arvada
* Golden (Easterly section)
* Ken Caryl
* Highlands Ranch
* Centennial
* Parker (West / Northwest section)
* Parker (more Easterly / Southeast section)

Thank you!
Well, depending obviously on weather/road/traffic conditions.......here's my best guesstimate:

Broomfield : allow 45 min. to 1 hour
Arvada: 30-45 min.
Golden: 30-45 min.
Ken Caryl: 45 min.
Centennial: 30-45+ min.
NW Parker: 30-45+ min.
SE Parker: 45 min. to 1 hour?

Basically.....allow yourself an hour for your morning commute to downtown Denver from those locations and ADD.......
:30 min - 1 MORE hour for your drive home.

I believe these commute time "guesses" should be fairly accurate but like I said, a lot depends on road construction, weather and the route you choose.
It is always a good idea to research other roads and maps for alternatives if you find yourself really stuck in a "parking lot" traffic jam on one of the freeways.
Also know too.........that MOST of the arterial roads around the Denver-metro area.......go in either a North/South or East/West direction......most do, but NOT all.
EX:
Colfax Ave. = East out to Aurora, west....out to Golden and passes right through downtown Denver.
Wadsworth Blvd. = North to Broomfield (and beyond), South.......to near Ken Caryl Ranch
Hope this helps 'ya.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:27 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytripper View Post
Well, depending obviously on weather/road/traffic conditions.......here's my best guesstimate:

Broomfield : allow 45 min. to 1 hour
Arvada: 30-45 min.
Golden: 30-45 min.
Ken Caryl: 45 min.
Centennial: 30-45+ min.
NW Parker: 30-45+ min.
SE Parker: 45 min. to 1 hour?

Basically.....allow yourself an hour for your morning commute to downtown Denver from those locations and ADD.......
:30 min - 1 MORE hour for your drive home.

I believe these commute time "guesses" should be fairly accurate but like I said, a lot depends on road construction, weather and the route you choose.
It is always a good idea to research other roads and maps for alternatives if you find yourself really stuck in a "parking lot" traffic jam on one of the freeways.
Also know too.........that MOST of the arterial roads around the Denver-metro area.......go in either a North/South or East/West direction......most do, but NOT all.
EX:
Colfax Ave. = East out to Aurora, west....out to Golden and passes right through downtown Denver.
Wadsworth Blvd. = North to Broomfield (and beyond), South.......to near Ken Caryl Ranch
Hope this helps 'ya.

People can get a graphical view of traffic at the times they are interested in by going to

Google Maps

Denver Traffic Report | Traffic Information | Road Conditions CO:: Traffic.com

Map :: Denver :: Traffic.com

Old 01-19-2008, 08:54 AM

698 posts, read 2,046,591 times
Broomfield to downtown is only 45-1 hour in really bad weather or car accidents (although that was a good guestimate : ) Normal day is 30-40 minutes (this also depends on where in Broomfield you are of course, so it could be longer if it takes you 10 minutes to wind your way out of a sprawling subdivision). I highly recommend the park n ride at 120th and I-25, you can get downtown from there, even in rush hour, in 30 min, sometimes less. Our public transit is pretty great, especially for commuting AND you don't have to deal with parking downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver