Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 PM

38 posts, read 145,855 times

Advertisements

i appreciate all the informative posts and if i get what i want for my house here and the minority loan i will start up a real cuban restaurant with authentic food. Again, I will keep you al posted on countdown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 AM

41 posts, read 159,300 times
I'm moving to Denver from Pembroke Pines and sure wouldn't mind having some Cuban food in Denver- it is probably the only thing I will ever miss from down here....if I can ever sell my home

Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomHPD View Post
i appreciate all the informative posts and if i get what i want for my house here and the minority loan i will start up a real cuban restaurant with authentic food. Again, I will keep you al posted on countdown.
Excellent! More Cuban restaurants could only make Denver better.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:06 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,030 times
There are two Cuban restaurants in Denver and one in Boulder but nothing else that I am aware of in the suburbs of Denver. Parker would be an okay location but even closer to Denver might be better. Below is information on the two Denver restaurants, they are both popular and delicious. The web links have their history and menus. Neither are run by Mexicans but neither are low cost either.

The first can be pricy and that might have something to do with the location, Larimer Square. However, it is an excellent location to dine here before seeing a Broadway show at the Denver Center for Performing Arts or a sporting event. The Samba Room, which has locations in Denver, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. Culinary trained cooks prepare the food and their ceviche is divine. It is not your traditional everyday Cuban food as it is more cuisine oriented, check out the menu: www.sambaroom.net/

My favorite of the two but cause it is less expensive and walking distance from my condo in Capitol Hill/Governor’s park is Cuba Cuba. www.cubacubacafe.com/ It is Cuban owned and operated - http://www.cubacubacafe.com/history.html and has more of a traditional menu. It is a small place but the ambiance is unique and fun. It is located in the Golden Triangle neighborhood, which is now one of the most expensive area to live in.

It would be wonderful to have more Cuban food competition within Denver and if the price is right and the food good, it will surely be a hit. Denver residents don’t usually make the trek out to the burbs for dinner, unless you are really good. You might also want to consider a location that is close to one of the new light rail tracks as more and more locals are using it and relying less on their cars. Hope this helps!!

p.s. there is a whole discussion thread on driving in the snow. If you do a search you will find it. Best of luck to you!

Cuba Cuba

Old 01-26-2008, 12:22 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
I'll vouch for Cuba Cuba; drinks are expensive but the food is consistent, varies and good.

The owner is also very good about greeting regulars warmly.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM

11 posts, read 30,173 times
Ok, not from Cuba but also planning on moving to Colorado. Where to! , don't know yet, but it is certainly good to know that there'll be some cuban food around to scare off the "homesickness". We are from Puerto Rico and are looking at Colorado for a change of pace. See you all around later on these pages.
Good night.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:42 AM

249 posts, read 1,029,706 times
I love Cuba Cuba. It has a great atmosphere. It may not be authentic necessarily, but definitely worth checking out.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,804 times
Default Hello

I have been in denver for over a year now. I come from cuba a year ago and I realy like here. I have been in samba roon and cuba cuba and cubacuba is the best that I have found soo far. Please let me know if you open a restauran I am in line for the big opening thank you. I am fron San Jose de las lajas La Habana and I will like to meet somebody from Cuba here sometimes it lonely here with no friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver