Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:56 AM

20 posts, read 17,938 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone

I just got a job in Centennial Colorado. I need help finding where to live! The job is smack next to the centennial airport, south east. Now heres my issue. Despite living in colorado all my life I know very little about south Denver. I did consider buying a house and explored west, north and a tiny bit south of down town. I learned, its Fsking confusing!

I’m 26, single, engineer. Dating is a huge priority, and littleton / centennial , based on what I saw the the lacking number of gastropubs on google maps.. is a dating wasteland. Married kids, strollers and a parade of tots is what I saw. Ignoreing that, the area itself is just big box stores. No Personality! I tried that for 2 years in san diego, lame. I don’t party, go to bar, etc. So being in walking distance of public transit isnt a huge priority. Not that I mind it. I mostly do crossfit, go to coffee shops, hookah bars, walk my dog, go to hackerspaces, and hang out with friends.

I find myself these days spending most of my free time in my college hangouts. Up in Fort Collins they have tons of SAFE walking. (also have a dog) Most restaurants percapita in the US and cool places like the 24 hour alleycat coffee shop. I know I can’t find fort collins in Denver.. but surely I can find something.

I hate the grime of down town. All the crime, and sketchy people.. Rino is great, but way to far and way!!! too many homeless for me. (I’m from longmont, and I went to school in fort collins, gimmey a break). I also don’t want to have to worry about parking my new car where I live.

I am aiming for more north of centennial. I want to keep commuting to under 30 minutes.. Been commenting 2+ hours a day for 2 years now. Ick. I looked west, seemed suburbia. Looked around fiddlers green (meh) today as well. Looking at 225 and 87 junction area tomorrow. Theres a lot of 4 star yelp apartments there, albeit a shiny penny more cost.

Any ideas on where the 20 somethings are living in south Denver?

Thanks!

Also not as important but I am also working my current job in Golden for the next 2 months in addition to this one, and will commute to golden twice a week. This centennial job a 6 month job that has a "high likelyhood" of being renewed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Give the inner DTC a shot (around I-25/Belleview), then look at I-25/Hampden, then give up and find some hip spot in Central/NW Denver. Enjoy the commute.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:00 AM

117 posts, read 138,543 times
Basically what David said.

I'm confused about what you find grimy about downtown Denver? It's probably the cleanest of all of the downtowns I've lived in. And what crime and sketchy people are you referring too? Besides homeless people (which you'd find in every major city in the US), all I ever see are yuppies and hipsters. I can't imagine anyone feeling unsafe walking around downtown. Furthermore, River North (RiNo) and adjacent areas are some of the grittiest neighborhoods in central Denver but you find RiNo great??

Also, that statement about Fort Collins having the "most restaurants percapita in the US" is simply false. Besides, Denver and Boulder are the only places you'd go to for a quality restaurant experience along the front range. And coffee.. Let's just say that if you're satisfied with the swill that you've been served in Fort Collins, you're going to love the coffee in Denver as it has one of the best coffee scenes in the entire country

Last edited by Deezy303; 08-13-2015 at 04:20 AM..

Old 08-13-2015, 06:13 AM

531 posts, read 1,146,211 times
A good number of my single friends have moved to the area around Fiddler's Green. Curious why you say, "meh."

You actually kinda sound really hard to please.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
I would look at the DU area. University and Evans.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:10 AM

170 posts, read 222,778 times
Luxury Apartments for Rent in Denver, CO | Veranda Highpointe

this is the coolest place in town!

Old 08-13-2015, 03:58 PM

930 posts, read 700,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBilly View Post
And very expensive!

I think the 1-BRs start at around $1400.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy303 View Post
Basically what David said.

I'm confused about what you find grimy about downtown Denver? It's probably the cleanest of all of the downtowns I've lived in. And what crime and sketchy people are you referring too? Besides homeless people (which you'd find in every major city in the US), all I ever see are yuppies and hipsters. I can't imagine anyone feeling unsafe walking around downtown. Furthermore, River North (RiNo) and adjacent areas are some of the grittiest neighborhoods in central Denver but you find RiNo great??

Also, that statement about Fort Collins having the "most restaurants percapita in the US" is simply false. Besides, Denver and Boulder are the only places you'd go to for a quality restaurant experience along the front range. And coffee.. Let's just say that if you're satisfied with the swill that you've been served in Fort Collins, you're going to love the coffee in Denver as it has one of the best coffee scenes in the entire country

You are confused. I never said in comparison to other DOWNTOWNS. Compared to Fort Collins it a construction site portapotty after taco tuesday... Sorry graphic but its really gross and 16th street mall always smells like ****. I was also referring to the amenities of Rino. The homeless are such an insanely big deal breaker.

Report: Fort Collins-Loveland tops nation in fast-casual chain restaurants | The Coloradoan | coloradoan.com

It’s often been said that Fort Collins has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the country.

While that may be urban legend, food service researcher NPD Group ranks Fort Collins-Loveland as the city with the most fast-casual chain restaurants per resident. Denver ranks second.

Though really, you would walk around 16th street mall on a sunday after midnight? Better cancel them credit cards now.

Last edited by Starwind0; 08-13-2015 at 07:00 PM..

Old 08-13-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMike View Post
A good number of my single friends have moved to the area around Fiddler's Green. Curious why you say, "meh."

You actually kinda sound really hard to please.
lol I'm sorry I'm so picky? Don't take it personally dude haha. Acting like I called your friends idiots. Meh is meh. Whats to like, looks like city. Oh boy a chipolte and a big box store. Wheres the character? Also damn straight, I am going to spend every day and every night in the area I pick! What is more important than where you live, aside from who you live with..

Old 08-13-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Give the inner DTC a shot (around I-25/Belleview), then look at I-25/Hampden, then give up and find some hip spot in Central/NW Denver. Enjoy the commute.
Thats where I ended up most of the day. Theres a huge cluster of 4 star apartments in the area. I did pick one over there, ended up 1700 for a 2 bedroom with a good view and nice appliances.

So much for moving back to Colorado to avoid California rent. My block from beach apartment (albeit 1 bedroom) was only 1550. I really don't see why people are flocking here, the rents so nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver