Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,983 times

Advertisements

Hi. This forum rocks. I've done my research and have to give up and ask. Does anyone know of an apartment complex or area that is safe for women to run/walk around? I thought I'd ask here first before calling every complex around Denver. Their websites rarely say the acreage or walking area.

I am a 30 something single female who runs outside every day. I will get to a park every chance I get, but this is not usually safe after work in the dark. Hence, the importance of having a safe running loop around wherever I live. I know there has to be apartment complexes that are "walking communities," but I'm having a hard time finding them.

I am moving to Denver in a month and have a job downtown. However, I am not a downtown type person. I like quiet, hate crowds and have no problem with a 30-45 minute commute. I will rent for 6mos - year and then purchase a condo or home.

The most important thing to me is finding a place I can step out my door and go for a run most any time of day. This means the world to me.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 03:30 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times
I think the Breakers would fit what you're looking for. It's a nice apartment complex in SE Denver or Aurora. The Breakers Resort Apartment Villages 1 and 2 bedroom luxury apartments and townhomes with attached garages in North Denver

I used to live in Hilltop and it was the best neighborhood for running/walking as it is hilly and has wide streets with million dollar homes (lots of nice houses to look at while running). It was also near many parks. There are occassionally condos and apartments for rent in the area but not often. Lowry might be good option or you as well especially if you stay close to Crestmoor Park.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 PM

698 posts, read 2,046,936 times
Not sure what rent you are looking to pay, but there are very nice rowhome style rental apartments in my walkable, pedestrian friendly neighborhood in Westminster. Very safe neighborhood filled with runners and walkers, people always out, and on the weekends, we are adjacent to the Dry Creek Open space which has trails that go forever. 30 minute commute to downtown by car, but you can also take the bus from a close park and ride. Check out Bradburn Row. Suburban area with urban feel.

Bradburn Rowhouses

Also have a look at apartments in Stapleton in Denver, another walkable neighborhood with lots of space to run and safe. 10 minutes to downtown and also has a HUGE park n ride in the neighborhood itself.

Good luck!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM

32 posts, read 163,832 times
Default The Breakers

I'd encourage you to check out The Breakers (see post above). It's a large complex with a lake/trail, and it's gated 24/7. I lived there for a while and enjoyed it. Plus, they have a nice clubhouse with a gym, racquetball courts, weights, pools, etc. Our apartment was clean and had an attached garage; however, it could've used some updating. Any how, Lowry is very close and seems to be a safe place to run/walk. I work in Lowry and I see TONS of people running during the day and early evening.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,983 times
Oh thank you all so much. I've done some searching but had not seen The Breakers. It has now jumped to #1 on my list to see when I visit next week. I will also look further into the Lowry area.

I was wondering about Westminster and it's so good to hear that areas are pedestrian friendly. Good grief, Bradburn Row looks nice!

Your help and suggestions are invaluable. I'm looking forward to lacing up my shoes and exploring a new city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver