Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 02:55 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times

Advertisements

Define better area. Generally, newer home communities will be farther from the city center. Stapleton is a new home community in Denver. There are new construction homes peppered throughout the city. If you want a new community to go with your new home, look to the suburbs. Light Rail could take you from suburb to city pretty easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 03:01 PM

6 posts, read 8,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Unless you are going downtown every day, the 30 minute requirement might be able to be dropped.
You're right. That is probably the lowest priority on my list of requirements and would be the first to go if everything else was met.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Define better area. Generally, newer home communities will be farther from the city center. Stapleton is a new home community in Denver. There are new construction homes peppered throughout the city. If you want a new community to go with your new home, look to the suburbs. Light Rail could take you from suburb to city pretty easily.
I mostly meant "better" area because I have heard a few concerns with being in commerce city, such as higher crime rate, being near the rocky mountain arsenal, and also having an inconvenient drive into town.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:07 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,949 times
There are lots of newer condos and town homes in the Dayton Triangle neighborhood. You'll find plenty of options under $400k in that area. There's also quick access to the Denver Tech Center from there. And you'll be about 20-25 minutes from downtown.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrarh View Post
Look into the Midtown development by Brookfield Residential. They offer Tealight models that can get you up to 3+ beds/2car garage for around $400k. It's only 15 minutes away from downtown and easy access to the 36 for Broomfield/Boulder. The lots are very small however but you don't have many options for a new SFH at <$400k within 30 minutes of downtown.
Those look pretty interesting. Thanks for the tip!

Old 10-18-2016, 03:13 PM

556 posts, read 763,346 times
Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, and some parts of Aurora can all be had at that price range and meet your criteria.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrarh View Post
Look into the Midtown development by Brookfield Residential. They offer Tealight models that can get you up to 3+ beds/2car garage for around $400k. It's only 15 minutes away from downtown and easy access to the 36 for Broomfield/Boulder. The lots are very small however but you don't have many options for a new SFH at <$400k within 30 minutes of downtown.
That looks like an interesting community but "starting at" prices are going to often be 10-20% lower than what you actually pay. The least expensive of those Tealight plans has 1 bedroom base model, so each additional bedroom will be a construction upgrade, and that's in addition to any other changes and upgrades. I don't know that specific builder's pricing model but I'd hazard a guess based on my own recent experience with new construction, it's likely to be more like 420K+ all in, not the 370K "starting at" price.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:43 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
There are townhomes in Littleton to be had sub $400k an in-fill community called Littleton Village.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 5,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
That looks like an interesting community but "starting at" prices are going to often be 10-20% lower than what you actually pay. The least expensive of those Tealight plans has 1 bedroom base model, so each additional bedroom will be a construction upgrade, and that's in addition to any other changes and upgrades. I don't know that specific builder's pricing model but I'd hazard a guess based on my own recent experience with new construction, it's likely to be more like 420K+ all in, not the 370K "starting at" price.
Yeah it can easily get out of hand and go well above the base price. We also bought new construction but only made changes that we knew would be hard to redo in the future so our final price was only 7k higher than base price. The builder did give us a 10k design center credit at the time so if you exclude that, still <20k above base price, but it wasn't with Brookfield. I've heard that they can upsell quite a bit but doesn't mean you have to take it.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:31 AM

132 posts, read 132,466 times
Check out Thornton, 80241. There are homes in your price range, close to Boulder and Denver too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver