Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 11:57 AM

45 posts, read 90,639 times

Advertisements

Does someone have any information about Stapleton? It looks like the homes are nice, new, and affordable. Also, it seems walkable and the schools appear to be good. However, I read that it was built on a former airport. Any environmental issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 12:32 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,630,608 times
I have heard nothing but good things about Stapleton. It is the site of the old airport but there are no known environmental issues. There are a few posters here that live there.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:27 PM

11,833 posts, read 34,462,681 times
The known environmental issues have been addressed.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:43 PM

170 posts, read 241,952 times
We have friends that live in Stapleton and they love it. I don't know if i'd consider it "walkable" compared too???

Also to me it seems like a very family oriented area.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,243,047 times
Here's one of my recent posts about Stapleton. If you search for Stapleton in this forum, you'll find many posts and threads with some good info, and I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have and others will chime in as well.

A neighborhood in Denver like Sewickley?

But to back up a minute, you mentioned Irvine was close to family - how close, and how good is your relationship with your family? I moved from Boston to Denver with my then toddler to live near my parents and my sister and her family and it's been wonderful having everyone nearby. I've gotten to see my nieces grow up and go to all of their shows and recitals and graduations, etc. and my family has done the same for my son. My parents didn't provide daily childcare but they've been my back up when I needed to work late or if my kid was mildly ill - sick enough to stay home but not so badly that I needed to stay with him if I had things I needed to get done at work. And conversely, if my now widowed mother needs help, we are close enough to easily take care of something for her.

This arrangement only works if you live in close enough proximity - we are under 15 minutes from each other. But if you have that type of relationship with your family, and you would be living close by enough for this type of hands on help, I would not underestimate the value of this factor in your decision making.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 29,863,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
The known environmental issues have been addressed.
But, what about the unknown issues?
And,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzw1_2b-I7A

Old 05-15-2017, 05:37 PM

45 posts, read 90,639 times
Default For those who have moved to Denver from a warm climate, what is your opinion of winter in Denver?

My husband and I are looking to move out of California in the next year or two and are interested in Denver as an option. It would be helpful to hear from coastal California transplants, or those who have moved to Denver from a warm climate regarding Denver winters. Do you like winters in Denver, or is it difficult to adjust to the colder, snowy winter weather?

Old 05-15-2017, 06:41 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,960,566 times
Just an FYI, there is a prediciton for possible snow this Friday (in the cities, not just the higher elevations). Winters are long here even though there are frequent mild spells in mid-winter.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,243,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Just an FYI, there is a prediciton for possible snow this Friday (in the cities, not just the higher elevations). Winters are long here even though there are frequent mild spells in mid-winter.
wow, hadn't heard that. Now I'm even more relieved I had beautiful weather for my kid's bar mitzvah this weekend!

Old 05-16-2017, 05:27 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,305,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
wow, hadn't heard that. Now I'm even more relieved I had beautiful weather for my kid's bar mitzvah this weekend!
Mazel tov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver