Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,235 times

Advertisements

My house hunting has narrowed in on the north west portion of Denver. I'm looking at a few options that are just a few blocks away from each other, but on opposite sides of Sheridan. So very comparable, except one has a Denver address and the other has a Wheat Ridge address.

Are there any pros/cons to having an address in a particular city? I know the tax difference isn't significant, but are there any other city amenities to consider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 10:32 AM

618 posts, read 1,366,386 times
I'm actually making the move from Denver to Wheat Ridge this summer. There aren't many differences, but a few things stand out. Obviously, it's a different school district. There is no municipal waste and recycling in Wheat Ridge, which means you have to contract with a for-profit provider such as Republic or WM. Different library system---I like DPL better than Jeffco libraries (more branch locations in Denver). The Wheat Ridge Rec Center is a bit better than the rec centers on the west side of Denver. You will likely get more house for your money in Wheat Ridge.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:18 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times
A huge difference in size.
660K vs 30K

A difference in attitude about the future, but Wheat Ridge is changing.
WR has a lot of old people (even older than me) who want nothing to change. They vote against every tax. They vote against trying to create a main street/downtown. The good news is that they are dying off.

As someone who lives in the Berkeley neighborhood of Denver, I like what I see in Wheat Ridge. Especially around Panorama Park.
I think you should buy there. I would live west of Benton and east of Vance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrun21 View Post
My house hunting has narrowed in on the north west portion of Denver. I'm looking at a few options that are just a few blocks away from each other, but on opposite sides of Sheridan.
If those houses are still available, I would be surprised. Competition is brutal. The joke about Wheat Ridge is you watch for the gurney leaving the house and swoop in to make an offer.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:07 PM

135 posts, read 153,569 times
i would live in denver no question. the trash and recycling is taken care of by tax payer's dollars, so you just have to put it out every week. Northwest denver also has many different small shopping and entertainment districts that wheatridge lacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver