Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 8,421 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Denver in July from San Diego. I've also been doing research on affordable areas with good schools. The South Aurora area just south of Hampden Ave seems to be affordable and it's also in the Cherry Creek School District. 80015 and 80014 I believe. Of course not being there I couldn't tell you what the community vibe is like. I know that's not Englewood, but close (I think). Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 05:00 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Do a search on this forum for "Cherry Creek School District" and "Aurora," you'll get a lot of information. You're correct, CCSD begins south of Hampden (and even several miles north of that when you go a little bit to the west) and it's generally a good district, but it's not like the neighborhoods or schools change dramatically just because you step south of Hampden Rd. 80016 is better than 80015, and 80015 is better than 80014. Within 80015 there's a big range, some neighborhoods/schools are better than others. "Community vibe"? This is pure soccer-mom suburbia, with incomes ranging from lower middle class to upper middle class. What specific subdivisions are you looking at?

Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 8,421 times
I haven't actually been looking at any specific subdivisions. We won't be looking to buy until next year and my son is only 19 months old. I suppose just like anyone moving there for the first time, we aren't sure what we'll like until we get there. I have friends in 80011 off of the 25 and Arapahoe. They love it there and the area seems safe and quiet.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:42 PM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDtoDENVER View Post
I have friends in 80011 off of the 25 and Arapahoe.
We don't call our interstates *the* - you are sure to be tagged an out-of-stater saying that...

Arapahoe east of I-25 can get rather noisy from the airport. - West of I-25, not a problem.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:13 AM

14 posts, read 84,342 times
Quote:
I am moving to Denver in July from San Diego. I've also been doing research on affordable areas with good schools. The South Aurora area just south of Hampden Ave seems to be affordable and it's also in the Cherry Creek School District. 80015 and 80014 I believe. Of course not being there I couldn't tell you what the community vibe is like. I know that's not Englewood, but close (I think). Any thoughts?
Quote:
I haven't actually been looking at any specific subdivisions. We won't be looking to buy until next year and my son is only 19 months old. I suppose just like anyone moving there for the first time, we aren't sure what we'll like until we get there. I have friends in 80011 off of the 25 and Arapahoe. They love it there and the area seems safe and quiet.
Hi SD. We moved out here last August, with one child the same age. We settled in 80015, just south of (the ) Smoky Hill Road. We love our home - there are good schools - it's a bit more suburban than we would have preferred, but when you have kids you have to strike a balance between a hip city neighborhood (expensive homes + crap schools) and, well, the suburbs!

Arapahoe is not the best road to have in your commute, but it could be worse - and you can avoid most of it if you use the toll road (I find that the $1.75 is generally worth the less stress and an extra 15 minutes with my boy in the evenings!).

There are a whole mix of neighborhoods over here, but most are either $500k plus areas with power-jogging Stepford wives, brand new treeless subdivisions for around $2-300k for young people with limited taste, or in the $2-350k range there are some great older neighborhoods with beautiful homes, mature trees, and a great community vibe.

Feel free to PM if you'd like me to waffle on more about this area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: