Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 07:52 AM

11,840 posts, read 34,480,498 times

Advertisements

If Jewish food is something to consider...

Best bagels: Rosenbergs 3 locations.
Best breakfast: Latke Love in Littleton
Best deli: Zaidys, The Bagel Deli

Anyone else have suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 08:03 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,309,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Never heard of this place, so looked at their menu online.

Oy Vey Calienté - Pork - Four Crispy Potato Latkes Topped With Spicy Pork Hatch Green Chile, Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and an Over Easy Egg. Sour Cream is Available, If You Can't Take The Heat!

There's something not right here

Old 05-04-2019, 08:08 AM

11,840 posts, read 34,480,498 times
Their latkes are, dare I say, it better than Bubbe’s. See the menu here. https://www.latkelove.com/menu

Old 05-04-2019, 08:19 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubo79 View Post
Did you enjoy life in the East or CO more?
That's a good question.

I moved to CO for family reasons (the rest of my immediate family had ended up here) as opposed to a specific desire on my part to move here, and I wasn't really looking to leave my life in Boston. Overall, it was the right move - a better connection for my son with the rest of his family, being here to support my elderly, now widowed mom, and also getting more support for myself as a single mom, with having someone who could take my son if he was off school and no daycare, etc. etc.

So I have no regrets overall about having made this move, but the reality is that I still miss my life in Boston. That's where I spent my adult life, established my professional network, put down roots. Denver will never be that for me, no matter how long I live here.

Overall, I think Denver is a very nice place to live and to raise a family. I certainly live in a much nicer home, in a far better location, than I could have ever afforded in the Boston area. I enjoy the weather here far more. I ended up in a job to I truly enjoy and don't know if I would have ended up in this field in Boston.

My son doesn't love the snow so we don't really do too much in terms of winter sports, but we enjoy the mountains and some of the outdoor activities in this area. But I also miss living on the coast and spending time in quaint New England coastal towns. I miss being able to get in my car and drive a few hours to another state, whether to visit a major city or quiet town, or even another country (I've been to Canada too many times to keep track of).

I guess the bottom line is that like pretty much everything in life, there are pros and cons and it's going to be what you make of it. You can certainly have a great life in this area, if that's what you want, and you put in the effort to make it happens.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post

Oy Vey Calienté - Pork - Four Crispy Potato Latkes Topped With Spicy Pork Hatch Green Chile, Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and an Over Easy Egg. Sour Cream is Available, If You Can't Take The Heat!

lol!

Yeah, they probably need to have a disclaimer like "Jewish-inspired food" or something like that, because very little of that menu works for anyone who keeps Kosher, or even is just more of a traditionalist.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:13 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,434,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
If Jewish food is something to consider...

Best bagels: Rosenbergs 3 locations.
Best deli: Zaidys, The Bagel Deli

Anyone else have suggestions?
I've never been to Latke Love or Zaidys, but I completely agree about Rosenbergs and Bagel Deli.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:28 AM

2,888 posts, read 7,144,969 times
Just to add for completeness, the only actual kosher deli, butcher, etc. I know of is East Side Kosher Deli.

Looking at the Latke Love menu (I've never been there), I almost hoped to see an item called "smoked tongue in cheek" or some such. Oy vey indeed.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:34 PM

16 posts, read 44,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post

That's hysterical. Sounds delicious though

Old 05-04-2019, 01:35 PM

16 posts, read 44,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
That's a good question.

I moved to CO for family reasons (the rest of my immediate family had ended up here) as opposed to a specific desire on my part to move here, and I wasn't really looking to leave my life in Boston. Overall, it was the right move - a better connection for my son with the rest of his family, being here to support my elderly, now widowed mom, and also getting more support for myself as a single mom, with having someone who could take my son if he was off school and no daycare, etc. etc.

So I have no regrets overall about having made this move, but the reality is that I still miss my life in Boston. That's where I spent my adult life, established my professional network, put down roots. Denver will never be that for me, no matter how long I live here.

Overall, I think Denver is a very nice place to live and to raise a family. I certainly live in a much nicer home, in a far better location, than I could have ever afforded in the Boston area. I enjoy the weather here far more. I ended up in a job to I truly enjoy and don't know if I would have ended up in this field in Boston.

My son doesn't love the snow so we don't really do too much in terms of winter sports, but we enjoy the mountains and some of the outdoor activities in this area. But I also miss living on the coast and spending time in quaint New England coastal towns. I miss being able to get in my car and drive a few hours to another state, whether to visit a major city or quiet town, or even another country (I've been to Canada too many times to keep track of).

I guess the bottom line is that like pretty much everything in life, there are pros and cons and it's going to be what you make of it. You can certainly have a great life in this area, if that's what you want, and you put in the effort to make it happens.
We would be moving away from family for the opposite reasons. We love the mountains and the summer/winter activities. Feel like it would be a much more active lifestyle which is what my family craves.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:44 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,309,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubo79 View Post
We are currently in Margate NJ which I am sure you know of being from the Philly area.
Know the area a bit. Spent a few overnights in AC over the years when I lived in Bucks Co. Also, ex-wife's family used to spend a week in Ventnor every summer. Unless you're an ocean fanatic into boating, etc., I can understand your desire to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver