Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInTheHat View Post
My mere 6-week impression here is that men are real men! It's actually super refreshing, especially coming from Chicago where most men were of the metrosexual type or they seemed intimidated by someone who wasn't originally from the midwest. Denver men seem to take the initiative and make an effort. I've been approached by some normal, attractive, fit men at almost every event I've attended -- and they ask you on dates! I'm in my 40s, and so are the men I'm meeting.
We do have some Chicago transplants that love greasy burgers and guzzle beer (BURP). I don't blame you wanting to get away from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Resurrecting this thread again!

As a young, single college student who lives here, I have to say the dating scene here is definitely much different than Texas. People are much friendlier there (I was born there). We moved here when I was still in HS, and I chose to stay in CO to attend college. But the dating scene is the pits, and I'm in COLLEGE (although I do live at home and commute, so I don't have the stereotypical, dorm-party college lifestyle...it's not my thing). Most of the college aged guys I know are only dating for sex, and aren't interested in a real relationship. That's not how I roll.
Unfortunately, you are the victim of demographics. I am not sure where you are going to school, but if you are commuting, then you are likely going to school downtown at CU-Denver or Metro State where the ratio of females to males is 55% female to 45% male.

Here is an excellent story from the NY Times which probably just details what you already know.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Resurrecting this thread again! ....
That's the right thing to do, we like to keep knowledge / info concentrated in as few a number of threads as possible. I wish more people were as forum-wise to do that.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:48 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Unfortunately, you are the victim of demographics. I am not sure where you are going to school, but if you are commuting, then you are likely going to school downtown at CU-Denver or Metro State where the ratio of females to males is 55% female to 45% male.

Here is an excellent story from the NY Times which probably just details what you already know.
I'm not worried about the ratio...I can hold my own. None of the guys I've seen on campus or in any of my classes interest me in the least! lol Then again, I guess that's my problem (my innate pickiness, haha).

Old 09-11-2012, 03:35 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
What?!

You thought college guys were going to pull up their pants and shower more often than they did in high school?

Silly girl.

Just remember. It gets better.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM

15 posts, read 25,293 times
Default re: "Menver" -

Here is the link for the raw 2010 Census Data for Denver County -

American FactFinder - Results

Here is a graph of that data that illustrates the "Menver" male to female ratio problem and also the raw numbers of females in comparison. What I get out of it is if you're 35 or so and are willing to date younger women you're not in such bad shape. But "Menver" definitely exists. This unfortunately isn't compared to the number of married people per age group, which would be even more useful.

We can say this -

"Male Population, Married in Denver, CO
There are an estimated 100,333 married men in the town. 44.3 percent of men over 15 years old in Denver are married, compared to the national average of 56.70%.

Female Population, Married in Denver, Colorado
There are an estimated 94,737 married women in the community. 42.1 percent of females over the age of 15 are married, compared to the national average of 52.10%."

fromModerator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 09-18-2012 at 06:22 AM..

Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM

352 posts, read 713,279 times
I got two major questions I ask any lady I'm thinking of asking out on a date:

1) Do you/have you ever smoked? If yes, sorry, next!

2) How do you pronounce our state name? If correctly, we move on to question three.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM

792 posts, read 2,873,661 times
Am I the only one confused by that graph? Can someone translate into English?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,420 times
I don't need a graph to tell me it's definitely not Menver any more! lol At least not in the 21-26 y/o age range. Trying to meet a clean-cut, well-educated guy in that age range has been impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver