Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 07:33 AM

4 posts, read 7,136 times

Advertisements

We are currently moving to Denver in 2 weeks. My wife starts her job march first. We currently own a home in Virginia that we are trying to sell. We are planning on using a penske 26 foot truck with a flat bed trailer to tow my durango. My wife will drive her subaru separately. We have 3 motorcycles, and 2 med-small dogs that are very well behaved.
We would like to find a pet friendly rental around the littleton area, also would like to have a garage to put our motorcycles. Looking to spend around less than 1,000 a month, until our house is sold. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions as our move is approaching very fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 AM

305 posts, read 360,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram6609 View Post
We are currently moving to Denver in 2 weeks. My wife starts her job march first. We currently own a home in Virginia that we are trying to sell. We are planning on using a penske 26 foot truck with a flat bed trailer to tow my durango. My wife will drive her subaru separately. We have 3 motorcycles, and 2 med-small dogs that are very well behaved.
We would like to find a pet friendly rental around the littleton area, also would like to have a garage to put our motorcycles. Looking to spend around less than 1,000 a month, until our house is sold. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions as our move is approaching very fast.
hmmm...with what you are describing - 2 dogs, a garage, & enough stuff to fill a 26ft truck - it sounds like you are looking for a house. I have my doubts that you will find one easily for less than $1000 a month, let alone less than $1500.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:35 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
Well, Lakewood isn't Littleton, and I only had 2 motorcycles and 1 dog (though, the difference in monthly cost would have been $20), but I was able to do it for $960/month in a place that had Washer/Dryer hookups (paid more of a premium for that than anything else).

While I think the company is crap for their policies, I know that Carmel Apartments allow up to 2 dogs that are under 70lbs and have places with garages. I 100% agree with the above post about looking into renting a house from a private party. WAY better experience than an apartment complex, and it Could be cheaper too.

FWIW, we found the apartment we stayed in for 3months while home shopping with simple google searches and then picking up the phone to call.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 AM

I understand there are a few of homes for rent by owner that are probably not listed, in the suburbs. We don't have time at this point to go and drive around to look. If anyone stumbles across a home for rent, could you pm the the number it would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone have bre apartment reviews?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Where is work? What do you like to do?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM

My wife will be working at a obesity clinic in littleton. I have a few interviews at some subaru dealerships. We both are avid snowboarders and are into hiking riding motorcycles obviously. I also enjoy playing disc golf where I can bring the dogs, they like to follow as I meander through the woods.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 PM

39 posts, read 129,948 times
We live in Centennial, right on the border of Littleton and Highlands Ranch.

There are a lot of older but nice homes in our area. We rent our 4br/3ba w/garage and large fenced yard for the dog for $1250. I agree with going with a private landlord. Honestly, craigslist helped us the most--found about ten homes that met our criteria.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:30 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram6609 View Post
I meander through the woods.
Ha ha that's funny. We have forests (in the mountains,) but no woods, high on the desert plain.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 AM

Yeah I guess your right on the no woods part...hahaha. We are thinking we may also try holding off till we get there to put a deposit down and to have a few house lined up to look at. We may try staying in a doggie friendly hotel for a couple nights until we find one. If our house sells in the next couple weeks we could afford something much nicer, but thats wishfull thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver