Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:28 PM

229 posts, read 751,742 times

Advertisements

Castle Rock - Baller
Castle Pines - No game
Highlands Ranch - Hood rat
Lone Tree - Assed out
Parker - Aight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:37 PM

137 posts, read 467,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movementarian View Post
Castle Rock - Baller
Castle Pines - No game
Highlands Ranch - Hood rat
Lone Tree - Assed out
Parker - Aight

Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,228,919 times
If you are trying to decide where to live out of the locations you listed, don't worry about it. They all seem about the same to me. We picked HR because it is closest to work and has 4 rec centers.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:53 PM

300 posts, read 1,259,861 times
Thanks FormerCalifornian and everyone else for your *silly* answers. I do know that stereotypes aren't the best way to do research (let me assure you this one question will not be the totality of my research!). But, I have never lived in CO (only visited) so I don't know all those subtle social aspects and opinions of the cities I listed. It takes living in an area for quite a bit to figure that out. Was just putting it out there to see what you all would have to say. Stereotypes do have some truth to them, and even if something is a stereotype, its often understood by lots of people and has a current of popular opinion running through it. FormerCalifornian gave me a few new terms to google (fast track family? Country Squires? I love learning new things!).

Old 11-16-2009, 05:34 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,066,853 times
Glad you saw the humor. It was hard to resist, since you left yourself wide open.

I found the Neilsen Claritas demographic research a few years ago, and I thought it was interesting. What I gave you was my impression based on the definitions and my experience with each of the communities. It used to be that the website allowed a basic zip code search without purchasing a license, but no more, so you'll have to suffice with my arm chair evaluations.

Another site you might find useful is Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed, which requires a nominal subscription. I used it for both of my cross-country relocations to narrow down neighborhoods.

Last edited by Yac; 12-08-2009 at 07:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver