Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Oh I'm sorry, my "Detroit" = Metro Detroit.

I thought I've made that clear before.
smh **** like this is proof you don't live in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Where are the Hardees? I thought that they stopped at the Indiana Border. They are not quite the same. They do not sell the Western Bacon Cheesburger, or the $6 burger. At least not last time I went to one.

Is there a del taco downriver? I have never seen one.

If there is, I am surprised that my kids have not found it. They have a Del Taco radar.
there is a Hardees in Ferndale (or Hazel Park, i don't know the borders), thats the only one I know

Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
Quote:
Where are the Hardees? I thought that they stopped at the Indiana Border. They are not quite the same. They do not sell the Western Bacon Cheesburger, or the $6 burger. At least not last time I went to one.

Is there a del taco downriver? I have never seen one.

If there is, I am surprised that my kids have not found it. They have a Del Taco radar.
The Del Tacos aren't Downriver, but they're here.

-13.5 Mile and Gratiot
-11 Mile and Hoover
-One in Dearborn Heights

Same with the Hardee's.

-15 Mile and Mound
-9 Mile and John R
-There used to be one in Berkley

Fatburger technically was here, but it kinda failed (I attribute that more so to its crappy lcoation versus the food). However, they were trying to open a location somewhere downtown (not sure how that worked).

Then of course there's Sonic, which now has several locations around here as well.

Steak and Shake is in Madison Heights, on 14 Mile and John R across from Oakland Mall.

Chic-Fil-A has a location in Rochester Hills.

Culver's has a couple locations around here as well.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:

-13.5 Mile and Gratiot
-11 Mile and Hoover
-One in Dearborn Heights

Same with the Hardee's.

-15 Mile and Mound
-9 Mile and John R

Fatburger technically was here, but it kinda failed (I attribute that more so to its crappy lcoation versus the food). However, they were trying to open a location somewhere downtown (not sure how that worked).

Then of course there's Sonic, which now has several locations around here as well.

Steak and Shake is in Madison Heights, on 14 Mile and John R across from Oakland Mall.

lmfao Fatburger failed because of location? why because it was supposed to be in the city? gtfoh! Fyi Fatburger never opened at it wasn't because of location which was actually MIDTOWN not downtown. Right under the same apartments that have a bunch of successfull restaurants/shops underneath smh. You just don't give up do you? lame

Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Fyi Fatburger never opened at it wasn't because of location which was actually MIDTOWN not downtown.
Oh ok, I wasn't aware that the Fatburger downtown was ever in operation (I remember the coming soon commercials on WADL, but that was it). BTW, downtown/midtown is the same thing for some Detroiters. It'a all the city center to some of us.

I was referring to the location in Southfield, right off the mixing bowl in traffic hell.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:

-13.5 Mile and Gratiot
-11 Mile and Hoover
-One in Dearborn Heights

Same with the Hardee's.

-15 Mile and Mound
-9 Mile and John R

Thank you. I will give this to my kids. They will raod trip for Del Taco I am sure.

There is a sonic near us. The old fashioned dine in your car thing is neat but the food is not that great. Some of my kids love it though. The location could be better. You can sit in your car and look at a strip mall, or a busy street (Fort). It is OK, but not somehting that I would make any effort to drive to.

We have visited some Culvers up north and one near Ypsilanti. That is pretty good for fast food.

We like Steak & Shake a lot, but it is expensive. We do not consider that fast food dining. Ift usually costs our family $60 to go there.

I have never heard of Fat Burger. Although my uncle was in charge of the Whattaburgers in Texas. However they are not anything special IMO. Just another fast food place.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Everybody have a beer and chill out. And you don't have to report to the moderators that someone is being "rude." Particularly 4 times..

Old 02-03-2012, 02:27 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Everybody have a beer and chill out. And you don't have to report to the moderators that someone is being "rude." Particularly 4 times..
Del Taco serves beer?

That is new.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,600,716 times
Quote:
Del Taco serves beer?

That is new.
Actually, I was surprised to find out that they serve hamburgers. Who'd thunk that a taco place would sell hamburgers?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM

655 posts, read 2,203,017 times
Why is it so hard to call Detroit, Detroit and whatever suburb by it's name? And when referring to a part of the city that has a designation...use it. Downtown is not Midtown. If people are ignorant, that is on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit