Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorate Mall?
Brairwood Mall- Ann Arbor 0 0%
Eastland Center- Harper Woods 2 5.41%
Fairlane Town Center- Dearborn 5 13.51%
Great Lakes Crossing- Auburn Hills 5 13.51%
Green Oak Village- Brighton 0 0%
Lakeside Mall- Sterling Heights 5 13.51%
Laurel Park Place- Livonia 1 2.70%
Macomb Mall- Roseville 2 5.41%
Northland Center- Southfield 2 5.41%
Oakland Mall- Troy 2 5.41%
Patridge Creek- Clinton 6 16.22%
Renissance Center- Detroit 2 5.41%
Somerset Collection- Troy 13 35.14%
Southland Center- Taylor 2 5.41%
Tel- Twelve Shopping Center- Southfield 0 0%
Twelve Mile Crossing At Fountain Walk- Novi 1 2.70%
Twelve Oaks Mall- Novi 6 16.22%
Village of Rochester Hills- Rochester Hills 0 0%
Westland Center- Westland 0 0%
Greektown- Detroit 2 5.41%
Eastern Market- Detroit 3 8.11%
The Village on Kercheval Ave- Grosse Pointe 0 0%
Old Woodward Ave- Birmingham 2 5.41%
Main street- Royal Oak 2 5.41%
Main street- Rochester 0 0%
West Main Street- Northville 0 0%
Main Street- Plymouth 1 2.70%
Mall of Monroe- Monroe 1 2.70%
Genesse Valley Center- Flint 0 0%
Birch Run Premium Outlets- Birch Run 2 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,315,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
It's not called Frenchtown Square anymore? I practically lived there the first summer it was open, back in '88. I haven't been there in probably three years. I don't get out like I used to.
Nope. A Couple of years ago they changed the name to Mall of Monroe. Same mall, different name. It is actually quite nice with the new renovations. They bring in live music during the Christmas season and try to hold events once in a while to bring people in. When I'm not in the mood for a mega mall, I like Mall of Monroe. It's just small enough to be manageable--run in, run out--and the people in the stores are generally more friendly and personable than what you find in the bigger, more upscale malls. I just wish that they would find an anchor for the empty JCPenney store. Steve & Barry's moved in after Penney's left, but they closed a couple of years ago too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 02:36 AM

190 posts, read 449,817 times
As a kid we shopped "Uptown" Farmington -- It had A&P and Farmer Jacks, Scotts 5&10, The Bon Ton Shoppe (Hallmark Store), Viking sporting goods, the Civic Theatre and a few other places like Federal's Department store. Then we also hung out during High School at the other shopping center that had Kresge's or Cunningham's Drug Store with the soda fountain bar - Franks Nursery was there - a Quick Pick convenience store... Used to eat tons of Penny Candy - bought bell bottoms and love beads and faux leather skirts at Federals....

For malls it was Northland and the Livonia Mall ... Later Westland Mall too - then the huge Fairlane Town Centre, then the huge Twelve Oaks - I bartended at Jonathan B Pub back in the day next to the movies and worked at RecordLand - when everything was vinyl records. I modeled fur coats at the Somerset mall - no wait - I didn't do that - but mom wanted me to. Crowleys, Lord and Taylor, Jacobsons, Bon Wit Teller and maybe Hudson's were the upscale things we loved too. Downtown Dearborn had some cool shops and restaurants in the day - fun stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit