Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Re-read...."LONG OVERDUE".

*I knew you would be the first comment saying what you said. It is ALWAYS sad that so much crime is infested in that God-forsaken city....what does it take? I don't care WHAT color they are. Too bad a lot of it goes unreported. Not surprised at your comment. Your comment is a part of the problem in that decimated hole.

And, btw, this is not an opinion I am just now stating due to these senseless killings. I have always said such.
but when it's 2 white boys is when what prompts you to post it? I estimate some 50-100 black boys and girls that age or younger get killed in detroit every year. but then it's a blip in the papers. how about when the swat came in and killed that black girl? A white guy pulled that trigger. I didn't see many white people pushing for the swat to be disbanded

anyways, i don't care what color they're. black or white. you hang out with radioactive waste (drug dealers) you become radioactive and have a half life. My own neighbor was killed, and I actually knew that guy. he was black and i didn't feel sad. live fast and you crash.

of course if the cops find these perps, i wouldn't mind them taking them out back and putting a bullet through the head. Again, I wouldn't be sad. But I think this story smells, and it'll probably have some more personal twist as the media keeps digging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Yep, I figured this would happen.

Two white boys who had no business doing what they were doing in the first place get killed and now silly suburbanites use it as more fuel to demonize the good citizens in Detroit.
this would happen in any city.

2 boys hanging out in south la going in drug houses? I've heard it over and over.

2 boys hanging out in brooklyn in drug houses? It's a story that writes itself.

2 boys hanging out in liberty city, Miami scoring some? They get popped and the alligators get a lunch.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:27 PM

62 posts, read 133,263 times
Default No reason to kill anyone

Detroit is a dead, dying city and no one in their right mind would put a business in Detroit.
My husband owns a business and we have people from all over the United States and Europe
visit. Out of curiosity, everyone wants to see Detroit-once they do they say what the
hell happened!! There is simply no excuse to kill anyone. Face it people, Detroit has a horrible
reputation. My son-in-law works with the mother of one of the boys. Very sad and sickening.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 PM

more importantly kimba, how many black lives are worth 2 white boys? You wanna raze detroit over 2 dead white kiddies? That's many 100,000s of blacks. Even in the slave south, blacks were worth 3/5ths a white person

Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
this would happen in any city.

2 boys hanging out in south la going in drug houses? I've heard it over and over.

2 boys hanging out in brooklyn in drug houses? It's a story that writes itself.

2 boys hanging out in liberty city, Miami scoring some? They get popped and the alligators get a lunch.
Yes.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonni0827 View Post
Detroit is a dead, dying city and no one in their right mind would put a business in Detroit.
My husband owns a business and we have people from all over the United States and Europe
visit. Out of curiosity, everyone wants to see Detroit-once they do they say what the
hell happened!! There is simply no excuse to kill anyone. Face it people, Detroit has a horrible
reputation. My son-in-law works with the mother of one of the boys. Very sad and sickening.
did you support either afghanistan or iraq

Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
No it wasn't.

Quote:
but when it's 2 white boys is when what prompts you to post it? I estimate some 50-100 black boys and girls that age or younger get killed in detroit every year. but then it's a blip in the papers. how about when the swat came in and killed that black girl? A white guy pulled that trigger. I didn't see many white people pushing for the swat to be disbanded

anyways, i don't care what color they're. black or white. you hang out with radioactive waste (drug dealers) you become radioactive and have a half life. My own neighbor was killed, and I actually knew that guy. he was black and i didn't feel sad. live fast and you crash.

of course if the cops find these perps, i wouldn't mind them taking them out back and putting a bullet through the head. Again, I wouldn't be sad. But I think this story smells, and it'll probably have some more personal twist as the media keeps digging.
What prompted me to post it, was it is personal. As far as the blip in the papers on the other children, how can I post my outrage about that if I don't know? I would, trust me. AND I have posted about the ridiculous amount of crime/blight in Detroit that does not even get an eye batted at. AND white people were VERY outraged about that SWAT thing. Maybe that was a blip in your paper. In mine, it was not.

My point here is that for even one much less 50-100 boys and girls (whatever color) to continue to get killed in a city...but all this killing has to stop. Unfortunately, we have come to expect it in large urban cities. That is the mistake. There has become a desensitization surrounding urban crime. It is all sad.

I don't know who did this, I don't even know if they resided in Detroit...white, black or green. Point is, it is just sick that you can not go into this city without worrying about your life. To me, that says the law is no where near in control.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I don't know who did this, I don't even know if they resided in Detroit...white, black or green. Point is, it is just sick that you can not go into this city without worrying about your life. To me, that says the law is no where near in control.
You can come to detroit and not worry about your life. You can go to ANY neighborhood at ANY time and not worry about your life. When you have to worry is when you hang around drug dealers, especially enter drug houses.

It's like this. If you drive normally on any stretch of road, you're fine. If you drive recklessly, you're not.

In the neighborhood they got killed, little girls and boys play outside. If they keep their head straight, they will play outside just fine and live a long life.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
more importantly kimba, how many black lives are worth 2 white boys? You wanna raze detroit over 2 dead white kiddies? That's many 100,000s of blacks. Even in the slave south, blacks were worth 3/5ths a white person
What, there are no whites, Mexicans, Arabs...living in Detroit. They would get a 30 day warning to get out or bye bye. Then, they could start over. New gov't, maybe break up the large area into smaller cities or townships that are much more easily handled by law enforcement, fire...it is gravely apparent that the city of Detroit can not handle itself. I would not think that any person with half a brain would deny that.

You keep thinking that I am here to decimate black people. That is not the case, quite possibly a paranoia from being black? I am about safety for ALL!!! Decent living, people taking care of their stuff...they don't even have to be friends, you just need to do the right thing. When it gets out of control, as it clearly has, in Detroit, then someone needs to grow a pair and DO SOMETHING DRASTIC! The joke of the law/gov't there sure isn't.

Detroit needs a couple Wyatt Earp type guys.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You can come to detroit and not worry about your life. You can go to ANY neighborhood at ANY time and not worry about your life. When you have to worry is when you hang around drug dealers, especially enter drug houses.

It's like this. If you drive normally on any stretch of road, you're fine. If you drive recklessly, you're not.

In the neighborhood they got killed, little girls and boys play outside. If they keep their head straight, they will play outside just fine and live a long life.
This you say as an insider. You would not know what it is like to be a white woman and even think that you would not cause a stir there. Sorry, but it just wouldn't happen. Unless you knew someone there. I had a friend (white girl) standing outside waiting for her friend to come out, she was standing by her car. This is a girl who was never afraid to go to Detroit neighborhoods. Someone walked up, wanted money, she said no, she got her face pistol whipped. She is lucky she only had to replace teeth. That was years ago. It's worse now. You might as well have a target on your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit