Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 03:33 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,889,088 times

Advertisements

I've been too busy to make this earlier. I'm not even going to post the stats of their first 2 regular season games. I didn't see the first one because I didn't want to ruin my vacation, but I did watch the game today and oh man... how painful. Turnover after turnover after penalty. How the hell do you manage to get two interceptions in a row? lol this is just a bad year for Detroit sports. Well, how do you guys think the Lions will do this season based off of what you've seen so far? At this point, I'll be happy if they even make it to the playoffs this season. But only time will tell I guess. They definitely need work smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 04:11 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,250,650 times
I'm not feeling the playoffs. I'm feeling 8-8 or 7-9.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:41 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,602,317 times
Not optimistic about playoff chances, but I don't think they're completely out of it yet. The Lions still make a lot of silly mistakes that, in theory, should be easy to fix. Of course whether they get around to fixing them is the question.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Are we really surprised?

I'm picking a 5-11 finish..6-10 IF we get one game where the breaks go our way..

Old 09-21-2015, 09:08 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,634 times
They let a first-ballot hall of famer walk in the offseason, and people expected them to be as good if not better?

They're dead to me. I hope they go 0-16 again.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:35 PM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
They look like a complete mess. Lombardi shouldn't have a job, Stafford is a Tier 2 QB at best, the Offensive line is gonna get him killed, and the defense is clueless without Suh/Levy.

I had high expectations for this team, but it's very likely they may start the season 0-5. I place some of the blame on the NFL scheduling, as the Lions were initially handed 3 Super Bowl-caliber teams and 2 fringe playoff squads for the first 5 weeks of the season. But the problems run much, much deeper than that. I don't have much confidence in this team, but we will just have to wait and see how things unfold.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:40 PM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
They let a first-ballot hall of famer walk in the offseason, and people expected them to be as good if not better?

They're dead to me. I hope they go 0-16 again.
I'm still amazed that the front office handed Calvin that huge extension instead of saving cap room for Suh. As good as Calvin is, he's still a WR. WRs are some of the most replaceable players in the NFL. How many recent Super Bowl teams (both the winners and losers) had a Top 5 WR on their roster? Good WRs are a dime-in-a-dozen, and can easily be traded for or signed via free agency.

Now a guy like Suh is a player who doesn't come around often. He was the backbone of the defense, as his impact went beyond the defensive line. The entire defense performed better with him.

As typical, the Lions front office only knows how to make bad decisions and screw up. Mr. Ford, bless his soul, was the worst owner in the history of the NFL. 50 years of ownership and what did he have to show for it? I don't expect things to get much better with the rest of his family running the show. The only hope for this franchise is new competent ownership to remove the stench of the Fords that permeates every level of the franchise. This city has been through a lot and deserves a winner, and the Fords can't even deliver a team that sniffs the playoffs 2 seasons in a row. I don't understand why the fans haven't boycotted yet.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:37 AM

3,671 posts, read 5,889,088 times
Welp, final score 24-12 Denver making the Lions a 0-3 team smh. I felt like they really could have won this game but too many stupid mistakes and defense just isn't the same and you can tell. And the turnovers are just reckless. Calvin Johnson is still a beast though.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:27 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,602,317 times
Ya know, the thing I've noticed is that they seemed better statistically last year. Like, they were more unpolished of a team, but they were making yards and getting points.

This year it seems like the offensive coordinator is playing conservative. There's hardly any attempts at any downfield plays and it just doesn't seem exciting to watch. I mean, even when they lost games last year, the games were still exciting to watch. This year is just... bleh. There's a talented team of players on offense, but it feels like they aren't being used to their full potential and the focus has been on the play calling rather than just letting the guys do what feels best. Something definitely different about this year's Lions, but I'm starting to think in not a good way.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:44 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,496,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Ya know, the thing I've noticed is that they seemed better statistically last year. Like, they were more unpolished of a team, but they were making yards and getting points.

This year it seems like the offensive coordinator is playing conservative. There's hardly any attempts at any downfield plays and it just doesn't seem exciting to watch. I mean, even when they lost games last year, the games were still exciting to watch. This year is just... bleh. There's a talented team of players on offense, but it feels like they aren't being used to their full potential and the focus has been on the play calling rather than just letting the guys do what feels best. Something definitely different about this year's Lions, but I'm starting to think in not a good way.
The offense was just as conservative last year, which is why Stafford's interceptions were down. The difference was they had a soft schedule and a decent o-line. And how many of those wins were the direct result of the other team botching games that they had in hand? Atlanta and Minnesota off of the top of my head. They're playing a real schedule this year and are folding in typical Lions fashion. More evidence to my theory that ANY success this team has is accidental.

The good news is 0-16 is still on the table!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: