Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,265,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It's the combination of BOTH that's harmful. Plus the fact that it's bovine dairy, which is more difficult for humans to digest efficiently than human dairy..
I agree. However, if I had to choose between a proportionally equivalent amount of sugar and heavy cream, I'd take the cream. Some ice creams contain milk which has lactose, which is not good if you're limiting carb consumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 07:46 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Hmmmmmmmm............. how many people *truly* understand the "consequences" of eating wheat... if you happen to be a blood type O. I've read comments on this and other boards "I can eat whatever I want, it's the calories that matter" etc ugh so nonsensical. No, AnonChick, most people do *not* understand the "consequences" of *anything* they do diet wise.....that is the reason there are so many unhealthy, fat people in the states irregardless of what diet they do.

If you believe something is not harmful to you you will eat it on a regular basis.... and so the cycle of having a gummed up damaged metabolism goes on and on and is never really dealt with.
I'm still waiting for an explanation on my how I...as a blood type A...respond well to high protein low carb diets and excel and physically intense sports like football when I shouldn't be, based on my blood type.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I agree. However, if I had to choose between a proportionally equivalent amount of sugar and heavy cream, I'd take the cream. Some ice creams contain milk which has lactose, which is not good if you're limiting carb consumption.
All milk, except those designated as "dairy free" (like coconut cream, or almond milk, or soy juice) or "lactose free," contain lactose. Lactose is milk-sugar, which is a natural component of dairy.

It's one of those things though - as long as you're aware of these little bits and pieces of information, you have the tools to make informed, healthy decisions.

I'd rather not have the cream, if I had to pick between one or the other. But that's because I have an allergy to one of the enzymes in one of the dairy proteins, and it has an effect on my mood. However, if it weren't for the allergy, I'd consider the cream a far more nutritionally beneficial food than sugar and would pick it for -that- reason, and not because of any sugar vs. fat issue.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:02 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'm still waiting for an explanation on my how I...as a blood type A...respond well to high protein low carb diets and excel and physically intense sports like football when I shouldn't be, based on my blood type.
She told you already, that the explanation is: you don't.

That's her explanation though. You really don't respond well to high protein low carb diets, and you don't really excel in physically intense sports. That's her story and she's sticking with it!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,184 times
Blood type O versus blood type A could go on and on forever on this board.... and let it. People from both groups are too stupid to understand the nuances.

That you eat a lot of foods you "think" are a problem doesn't impress me in the least AnonChick. You have no idea how to lose weight, that is clear.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 05-28-2011 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-28-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
You have no idea how to lose weight, that is clear.
Oh but I do. I was an all state caliber athlete on a high school football team that put guys into Division 1A colleges and even the NFL. I then lost over 60lbs that I gained after injuries and an illness and have re-attained my previous levels of fitness. Oh, and I did all this while completely shattering all the "rules" for my blood type.

This is, of course, why you refuse to debate me on the matter. You're clearly over matched when it comes to fitness and nutritional knowledge, and you're well aware of that fact.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Oh but I do. I was an all state caliber athlete on a high school football team that put guys into Division 1A colleges and even the NFL. I then lost over 60lbs that I gained after injuries and an illness and have re-attained my previous levels of fitness. Oh, and I did all this while completely shattering all the "rules" for my blood type.

This is, of course, why you refuse to debate me on the matter. You're clearly over matched when it comes to fitness and nutritional knowledge, and you're well aware of that fact.
Not remotely honey.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Not remotely honey.
Then what's stopping you? I've issued you repeated challenges and you have backed away from every one of them. I can't see any plausible explanation other than you lack the ability to debate on my level.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I don't debate you because I know I'm right.....period. There is nothing to debate. I understand health & nutrition in a way that is beyond this board---- I'm here for fun, to win threads & to help out where I can. I've beat you & that is all there is to it. A little ectomorph from Texas! I win, I'm right, and there is *nothing* more to discuss!
I'll take "Denial and Delusions" for $500, Alex!

Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 AM

858 posts, read 2,994,212 times
I think it would be nice if you guys took your debate to a new thread instead of hijacking current ones.

Folks come here to learn and share.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss