Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 02:42 PM

31 posts, read 31,611 times

Advertisements

Her breakfast is a pair of doughnuts, lunch is a spicy chicken sandwich, fries, 2 mountain dews, and 2 brownies, dinner is a repeat of lunch + fried cheese sticks. This is her diet though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPboy View Post
Her breakfast is a pair of doughnuts, lunch is a spicy chicken sandwich, fries, 2 mountain dews, and 2 brownies, dinner is a repeat of lunch + fried cheese sticks. This is her diet though.
Wow. Way too much sugar. There's no need to have donuts every day...they're so fattening. I eat them rarely. Two Mountain Dews... Soda is one of the worst things you can have. Now I love soda and it's kind of my vice but I don't even drink one every day, let alone two. And she eats four brownies a day?

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread so you may have already addressed this but have you talked to her about basic nutrition? Maybe you can suggest she only have one soda a day and have a bottle of water instead. It's best to start small.

Unfortunately, a big reason she is ok with being overweight is because she has you. If she were single, I think she'd be making more of an attempt to be in shape. Now she is complacent because you are trying to be understanding, so to her that means you're mostly fine with this.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,777 times
Anthony Jeselnik on Chocolate

My girlfriend loves to eat chocolate. She’s always eating chocolate, and she likes to joke she’s got a chocolate addiction. “Get me away from those Hersheys bars. I’m addicted to them.” It’s really annoying. So I put her in a car and I drove her downtown. And I pointed out a crack addict. And I said, “Do you see that, honey?... Why can’t you be that skinny?”

Old 11-10-2013, 03:38 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,036 times
Quote:
Well this is why she is fat. And that she won't switch up her diet is why she will never change. Exercise will do very little for such a horrific diet, not when it comes to an obese woman.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:42 PM

maybe now ppl will see I'm trying to help her and not "make her hot" for my own gain

Old 11-10-2013, 03:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Again, what does her mom's build look like? How does her mom eat?

Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
maybe now ppl will see I'm trying to help her and not "make her hot" for my own gain
Well she is a grown woman. You offered to hep her and she declined... end of story. All she needs to do is to cut the crap and eat healthful foods instead, but she doesn't want to do that. So what more is there to say?

Old 11-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Well she is a grown woman. You offered to hep her and she declined... end of story. All she needs to do is to cut the crap and eat healthful foods instead, but she doesn't want to do that. So what more is there to say?
"Keep this up and you'll be immobile"?

Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 PM

her mom is thin

Old 11-10-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
"Keep this up and you'll be immobile"?
That won't work. She is like a cigarette smoker - they don't quit because of a fear of cancer. Drunks don't kick booze at the thought of losing their job. Meth addicts keep smoking as their teeth fall out.

Reason is meaningless, either she decides to change on her own or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss