Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:07 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times

Advertisements

Neat idea with the gmo free corn tortillas. Didn't know that dark chocolate was so processed.

Has anyone tried Beanitos? If so, are they not too bad for you? Someone told me that anything that is made to be that crunchy is a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,080,809 times
I haven't eaten red meat, poultry and dairy in years.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,088 times
Red meat, white refined flour products, soda and corn, certainly seem to be on their way out.

Just an observation.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:16 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,866,913 times
I stopped eating crickets - grasshoppers are tastier.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:38 AM

15 posts, read 17,674 times
Ive eaten 30+ large pizza orders recently with a lot of sides, desserts and often 2 pizza. No pizza for almost 3 days now. I hope I can stop, therefor I can stop.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:43 AM

335 posts, read 409,725 times
Pork and pork products, soda, fried foods,processed cheeses, fruit laden yogurt ,gluten, sugary products, ripe bananas,
peanuts,corn, soy or soy based products, any beverages in plastic bottles especially water, farm raise fish of any kind.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Just wondering what foods people may have stopped eating for their diet or lifestyle changes?

I have stopped eating breads, rice, white potatoes, and pasta. I try not to eat much sugar. When I order tea, I get unsweetened now and I have stopped drinking soda altogether.

I do not eat fast food at all. I have cut down my red meat consumption a lot.

I must say, I don't miss it much. I do miss a baked potato every once in a while, but I have substituted it with sweet potato. I'm not really eating any fried foods, either.

I have added lots of fruits and vegetables.

I do want some spaghetti though. I guess I could just have the sauce, I don't know.

How about you?

Being diabetic, my list is similar to yours, however I haven't COMPLETELY stopped eating anything, just cut waaaay back. Any bread type products are only eaten at breakfast, I don't eat pork except bacon once per week. I try to avoid fried foods but will eat something on occasion. I eat pasta maybe a couple times per month. No sweets, no processed foods. Drink only tea, water and wine. Had to give up coffee recently, was not agreeing with me. Only small portions of meats, red meat just a few times per month. I eat a lot of seafoods and salads, nuts, eggs and cheese.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:03 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
I've eliminated refined pasta and sugar, but only because my blood sugar suggest I'm borderline prediabetic. If you get a blood sugar tester and test that your blood sugar does not rise above 140 mg/dl at any time after a huge carb meal, there's no real need to eliminate pasta or bread from the diet. Some pastas can be high in fiber as well... so enjoy your pizza and spaghetti if you are one of them genetically fortunate individuals who can tolerate carbs well... they aren't going to hurt ya.

Best to test approx 1 hour after a meal. Ideally you should not exceed 140 mg/dl at this time.

Honestly you'd be better off avoiding bacon, hot dogs, and other processed, high nitrate meats over pasta or bread. Also meats cooked at high heat or burnt to a crisp, such as on a grill, are far more harmful to the body than pasta as well, as is eating a lot of 'smoked' meat.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:56 PM

489 posts, read 1,324,481 times
Sugar
Artificial sweeteners
Most carbs, other than some veggies.

Once I get closer to my goal weight, I will gradually add back in things like beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa. I feel a lot better on a very low carb diet, because it keeps the cravings away. I am a total carb and sugar addict, and once I eat something bad, the cravings become intense and I can't stop. After the first week of eliminating carby foods, I've found it easier and easier to resist. Work has been flooded with junky food this month due to lots of trainings and meetings. Normally I would partake in all of it, but I've successfully resisted donuts (4 times), bagels, pizza, Chinese food (other than lettuce wraps), sandwiches, chips, cookies, candy, etc. That's just at work and doesn't include anything else I've said no to on my own personal time. I also don't eat red meat or pork, not due to the current diet but because I stopped eating them 12 years ago.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
I "gave up" a lot of food over the years, many I haven't had in 10+ years, though not for weight loss. Most of this stuff I never really ate anyway so it was easy to just cut it out. Some of it was for health reasons.

-soda
-beef and pork products
-milk
-soy products
-potato chips
-fruit juice
-fried foods

I rarely eat bread and I don't buy "goodies". You would never find pre-packed cookies and cakes in my house. They taste "fake" to me. I will bake on occasion though if I'm itching for a cookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss