Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM

280 posts, read 422,187 times

Advertisements

When I get to goal weight, I plan to celebrate by buying myself flowers, getting new clothes, and getting pictures taken with my daughter. I have 15 more pounds to go, should be there in late May. How did you celebrate or how do you plan to celebrate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 03:40 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,054,464 times
Definitely clothes....I wore tight size 16's.....bought new clothes...just a few things when I got to a 12. Now I wear a 2/4 and I have lots of beautiful things. Getting dressed every day is so much fun! I sold or gave away all of my old clothes.....I will never be that size again. I have always loved nice clothes but for years I was unable to wear the things I wanted to....I was relegated to clothing that hid my fat none of which was particularly flattering.

I also started paying more attention to my skin care and make-up. Sounds very narcissistic I know but for many years my weight caused me to stop caring what I looked like so I am having fun now.

Interestingly my husband also lost weight, bought new clothes and became a snappy dresser....we are retired so we are having fun with all this.

Last edited by Cattknap; 02-14-2014 at 03:52 AM..

Old 02-14-2014, 07:10 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
There is a thrift shop near me that has an awesome selection of clothing. It was my go-to when I was losing weight.

Now that I'm at my goal weight, I reward myself with clothing I never thought I'd wear.

I agree with the poster above about paying more attention to your entire appearance when the weight comes off. I get monthly facials, and manicures and pedicures bi-weekly.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:19 PM

15 posts, read 20,319 times
That is awesome! It's inspiring to see how other people celebrated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss