Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 12:05 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,737,906 times

Advertisements

So I've lost a few pounds over the past few months and have set a new weight loss goal for the end of summer.

One thing that's funny to me is that I have some type of reverse anorexia... In other words, I see myself as thinner than I actually am. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I say this because I always leave the house thinking I look a certain way, then when I've been out and see pictures people have taken with me in them, I look and say to myself, "Wow, that's what I really look like?"

Anyways, I am very curious to know if people had to guess my size, what size would you think I am in US size clothing (ie 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc.)?

I am 5 feet, 1.5 inches. Once I get a few responses in I'll let everyone know my weight and the size I am actually currently wearing. So...what are your guesses??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 12:11 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Size 8

Old 05-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Size 8
Good first guess....let's see what others say......

Old 05-03-2015, 12:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
I know someone who looks about your size, she's a 12, so that's my guess. Also, she might wear brands that aren't "vanity sized", so that number could be different from brand to brand. I hate women's sizing. That's my rant for today.

Editing again to add : congrats on your weight loss. You look good! But it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what you think. Try to your thoughts positive, even after you see those pictures.

Last edited by PinaCarlotta; 05-03-2015 at 12:31 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 12:40 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
I would say size 4 or 6.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
I know someone who looks about your size, she's a 12, so that's my guess. Also, she might wear brands that aren't "vanity sized", so that number could be different from brand to brand. I hate women's sizing. That's my rant for today.

Editing again to add : congrats on your weight loss. You look good! But it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what you think. Try to your thoughts positive, even after you see those pictures.
Thank you!!

As I look back on the beginning of this year and the last 2 years, I am realizing how much a sedentary job, depression and life events have played a part in a somewhat rapid weight gain for me. Last year I worked out really hard for 2 months and stopped because I only lost 3 pounds. I've never had to really lose weight my entire life so I was frustrated it just wouldn't 'fall off' with little effort. I'm realizing I'm at the age now where if I don't watch what I eat it's a huge problem. I used to eat whatever I wanted and jog a few miles a couple times a week and would keep a small frame...not so much now.

I read something the other day that helped me out a lot...it went something like this: When you fall off the bandwagon, which is inevitable, it's how you react that's most important. Always remember that one bad meal does not ruin the day, one bad day does not ruin the week, and one bad week doesn't necessarily have to ruin the entire month. In other words, I have to learn to forgive myself when I miss a workout I had planned or gave in to the churros I ate on a vacation. It's a process indeed....

Old 05-03-2015, 01:25 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
I'd guess either a 12 or 14 petite.
My body shape isn't much different from the picture you've posted. I'm good with a size 12 bottom but I need the extra chest room up top and end up wearing tee-shirts instead of button-downs. My shoulders and back size are small/narrow (34" around the back) but my bazooms are pretty hefty (American sized DDDD-E). No way those puppies fit in a size 12 ANYTHING

Your chest doesn't look nearly as "out there" as mine but you look to have broader shoulders and thicker upper arms, and a wider back size (bra band size).

Old 05-03-2015, 01:26 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
I'd 12 pushing into 14....you're pretty thick in the middle and top

Old 05-03-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'd guess either a 12 or 14 petite.
My body shape isn't much different from the picture you've posted. I'm good with a size 12 bottom but I need the extra chest room up top and end up wearing tee-shirts instead of button-downs. My shoulders and back size are small/narrow (34" around the back) but my bazooms are pretty hefty (American sized DDDD-E). No way those puppies fit in a size 12 ANYTHING

Your chest doesn't look nearly as "out there" as mine but you look to have broader shoulders and thicker upper arms, and a wider back size (bra band size).
My larger upper body has been my life long struggle. Currently losing weight to get my doctor's blessing for a reduction as I wear a 34DDD.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:45 PM

So I see I'm getting a range of responses so far...it's interesting to see what size people see in me compared to what I am and what I see of myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss