Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 05:09 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I stuck to my calories and carbs the whole time...I had some precancerous female problems because of my weight and then I didn't start breathing again after anesthesia for surgery to treat that problem, and they said the anesthesia issues were because of my weight, so between all of that and the diabetes, I was really motivated to get rid of the weight.

I need to lose another 100lbs to be at a healthy weight but I had to take a break and let my body even itself out.

I noticed once I started exercising a lot, that my appetite really increased. That's an issue I've got to figure out when I start on the next stage of my weight loss.
I'll make a suggestion then, with regards to the exercise/appetite thing.

I realize you're doing low-carb. But make sure that when you have your carbs, they're around 1/2 hour before you start your exercise routine. And save some of your protein intake for after your exercise routine - try to get that within 20 minutes after you stop exercising for the session.

This will help keep you satiated (not full). And don't forget that every time you have to stop exercising to catch your breath before the next part of the routine, take a couple sips of water. Not too much or you'll get sick. But definitely a couple of sips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 05:23 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,604 times
Quote:
I noticed once I started exercising a lot, that my appetite really increased. That's an issue I've got to figure out when I start on the next stage of my weight loss.
I'm the same way. I walk 3 days a week and swim 3 days a week. The walk is good weight-bearing exercise to stave off osteoporosis, but my swims are my "real" workouts where I really push myself and get some serious cardio. Swim days are the hardest days to stay on plan! But on the bright side, swim days are also the days my weight usually takes a step down. Mentally, that helps a lot in getting me through. Hopefully, given what you've already accomplished, you can take on the attitude that NOTHING is too tough for you!

Old 07-12-2015, 08:01 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
To the OP - you are very young, and most likely your body will bounce back. My recommendations are to lose SLOWLY, and do exercise and some strength training every step of the way. People who do this usually fare much better.

I am now in my 60s - 10 years ago I had put on about 50 lbs. I took it off slowly,and have been exercising and looseness is minimal. You have to remember though, that what I have read is that the skin grows to accommodate extra fat, so when that fat is lost the excess skin can remain. I wouldn't worry too much - do your best and see what happens - and give your body plenty of time to bounce back. I also would massage it all over (even dry brushing) to keep the skin stimulated.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,900,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Haha, that 100 lb number sure is scary. Whenever I look or think about it, I keep asking myself how in the world did I get so out of control? Feel like I am dug myself a grave and now trying to slowly crawl out of it.
Do not let the large number overwhelm you.

Set realistic interim goals for yourself. Give yourself a significant, non-food reward for meeting your interim goals. Don't let the big number scare you. I am about 45 lb into a 100 lb weight loss. You will see significant changes in your body long before you lose 100 lb.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:57 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,900,323 times
Quote:
Try eating around 20g of protein immediately after you exercise. I often eat 3 boiled eggs, or 3-4 oz of chicken. You can try whey protein if you can tolerate it. Protein foods really fill me up and keep me full for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss