Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 06:41 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I haven't counted calories, but I have been eating large portions. For breakfast, I had an egg scramble with 1/2 pound of chorizo, 3 eggs, and 1/2 an avocado.

For lunch, a large portion of pork loin I cooked in the slow cooker with onions and green peppers. Portion about a pound, I'd guess? A bit bigger than a baseball.

Did the same yesterday, and had a vodka lime juice drink last night, pork rinds with sour cream and celery with cream cheese.

And when I got up this morning the scale said I lost 2 pounds since yesterday! Scale isn't the greatest, but the weight is really coming off.

The calories are probably the same. I had been eating pretty low calorie for breakfast and lunch, but totally blowing it at night with huge portions of pasta, cocktail, snacks like popcorn (the cheddar cheese kind lol), and some chocolate or a toast with jam for dessert.

But, even if I'm eating less calories, I'm not hungry. I've been skipping lunch because I'm just not hungry. I did eat lunch today, but yesterday I didn't.

If it turns out to just be the calories, then this is working for me because I'm not hungry. And I still get to have my cocktail and munch while watching a movie. It's just easier than changing all of my bad habits at once.

I do crave fruit, which I normally don't do. Eating the cream cheese with celery helped that craving last night. Might need to get some sugar free hard candy, or something, though, that is fruit flavored.
You did not lose 2 pounds of fat in a day. That was water.
I have no idea why diet you are trying to be on but you are not low carb that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 07:26 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Ugh I'd be chained to a toilet if I ate all of that. No thanks
Promise I won't make you.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I have no idea why diet you are trying to be on but you are not low carb that is for sure.
Hmmm, reading comprehension problem here. That was what I used to do. Not what I'm doing now.

Take a deep breath. And read. And comprehend.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Really? So 500 calories of broccoli is the same as 500 calories of pasta, pizza or ice cream? Sure whatever. I don't need a study to tell me the answer to that one. Why don't you post a viable website to contradict my point?

Thank you so much for sharing this. I just watched the hour and a half presentation he did at Stanford. So interesting. I'm determined to reduce processed foods. I had already cut way back on sugar, so that will be easier.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:33 PM

As I mentioned, I've been craving fruit a bit. What I did this afternoon was buy some sugar-free jello cups at Walmart. A big tray of them for only around $2.20. No, they aren't completely natural. But, they have ascorbic acid and have no calories or carbs, and because of the ascorbic acid they satisfy my craving for fruit - like oranges, etc.

So, that's working for me. I'm going to save all the little cups and then make my own jello when I've eaten them all. Hopefully, some that are more natural.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Well, if a calorie is a calorie, then isn't a pound a pound?

Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing this. I just watched the hour and a half presentation he did at Stanford. So interesting. I'm determined to reduce processed foods. I had already cut way back on sugar, so that will be easier.
Way back in the 70's the diet gurus all believed a calorie was a calorie. I knew better and set out to prove it and I was sick of lettuce, cottage cheese, and carrots.

I found a flavor of Baskin Robbins ice cream I liked that was 1K calories a pint. I ate 1 pint of this per day and that's all. And it was weighed by their employees so I knew what I was getting. So there you go, a strict 1000 calorie per day diet. Almost anyone should lose on that.

Wrong. At the end of a month, the net result was a 2 pound gain.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Way back in the 70's the diet gurus all believed a calorie was a calorie. I knew better and set out to prove it and I was sick of lettuce, cottage cheese, and carrots.

I found a flavor of Baskin Robbins ice cream I liked that was 1K calories a pint. I ate 1 pint of this per day and that's all. And it was weighed by their employees so I knew what I was getting. So there you go, a strict 1000 calorie per day diet. Almost anyone should lose on that.

Wow. Great story.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:50 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:
Promise I won't make you.
Thank God.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:58 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

Just sayin'.... a guy lost weight eating nothing but twinkies. Hell wasnt there a subway diet? So yeah if you ate only one pint of baskin Robbins ice cream per day then yeah you'll probably lose. But we all know you didn't just eat ice cream, come on.

I don't eat poor quality lettuce and I hate cottage cheese. Carrots are delicious and we could all stand to eat more veggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss