Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
I feel you on that....changing these craving patterns is HARD!!!! I would walk 3 miles for a slice of lemon pound cake!
after a while the all natural peanut butter on a apple or cottage cheese with fresh fruit will be second nature and just as good! trust me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom4792 View Post
We have a freezer full of Lean Cuisine meals because, not only are they yummy, but there was a mega sale that made them $1.50/each, even the large ones (and the Stouffers large ones). I just can't say one way or another if they have helped with weight loss (I am on all of this migraine medicine which causes at least some weight gain so dieting only stabilizes my weight). I would consider three things: eat a lot of red apples. This gives you fiber and a feeling of fullness. Drink a lot of water. This of course flushes your system and gives you a feeling of fullness. Oh yes, be careful about alcohol. [As I take another sip of my chardonnay]. I think that is a huge culprit. But, I have to say that to a large degree it has always seemed out of my control - sometimes my body is just burning calories and other times it is storing. And I don't know why.
replace the red apples with green apples and the chardonnay with a nice red and you will be better off.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No white flour, no salt, no potatoes, no corn, no butter, no margarine, no diet soda, no sugar of any kind.

For drinks? Green Tea w/ Stevia or Splenda. Water w/ lemon or lime.

Example:
Breakfast
Egg Whites w/ unlimited veg/herbs
Banana

Mid-morning
Apple

Lunch
4oz lean no sodium turkey or chix breast on salad (no dressing, plain balsamic vinegar ok)

Afternoon
Pear

Dinner
6 oz lean protein
3/4c Brown Rice
Unlimited veg

Lean Cuisine is HORRIBLE for your health, loaded with sodium and preservatives.
WE HAVE A WINNER! if you lift some dumbells with the above you will be in a bikini next summer!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
WE HAVE A WINNER! if you lift some dumbells with the above you will be in a bikini next summer!
o just one thing i would change is a smear of all nat.pb on the apple and pear.never have a carb, without a protein.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:17 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
If you cant hunt it,grow it,or catch it, YOU CANT EAT IT!
This may sound silly, but it is an EXCELLENT go-by that ensures you are only ingesting foods your body is designed to handle.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Watch the new season of the biggest loser..its coming up.

I love that show. Its a fun way to gather tips and seeing other people push themselves above and beyond.

Riding a stationary bike or some other cardio thing of the sort while watching wont hurt you either.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:03 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,758 times
I'm hungry for a snack right now because all I have had all day long is black tea with splenda(working towards the green tea) and a veggie patty on whole wheat break. I'm going to try the apple with peanut butter.....I had never heard of never a carb without a protein......

Thanks everyone. I am reading and rereading the tips so that I can come up with a daily meal schedule. I do know that if I can plan ahead rather than waiting until I'm starving I will do much, much better....... Thanks for all of the tips and bless each and every one of you for taking the time to help me gather the right resources and info.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:59 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,163,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
I'm hungry for a snack right now because all I have had all day long is black tea with splenda(working towards the green tea) and a veggie patty on whole wheat break. I'm going to try the apple with peanut butter.....I had never heard of never a carb without a protein......

Thanks everyone. I am reading and rereading the tips so that I can come up with a daily meal schedule. I do know that if I can plan ahead rather than waiting until I'm starving I will do much, much better....... Thanks for all of the tips and bless each and every one of you for taking the time to help me gather the right resources and info.
Hey Tinabean (that's what I call my sister in law ) I've been reading and I think it's so awesome that you are wanting to try and eat healthy! Good for you! A few key things for you on your endevour.....if you are trying to loose weight burn more calories than you take in.....don't consume less than 1200 calories or your body will go into starvation mode and store all of your fat instead of burning it....don't consume more than 1700 calories as that may greatly hinder your weightloss. Workout should consist of 30 mins of cardo (at least) either 15 b4 15after or 30 total.....30 - 45 minutes of resistance or weight training......drink lots of water cut out all soda and sugary juices.....Sprouts will help too....they are jam packed with enzymes that aid in digestion, this will help you digest your food easier which, in turn, hinders the absorbtion of fat.....

Old 08-06-2008, 07:10 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,758 times
Hey Lola.
My grandpa and mom gave me that nickname as a kid and I've never heard it anywhere else Cool.

I did well for dinner tonight......I haven't learned exactly how to measure the ounces yet (I guess I have to buy a kitchen scale) but I had a few slices of beef with sauteed spinach, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. It was very filling. I seem to crave something sweet so I had some 100% natural apple juice. This is where I get confused....I don't know if I can have fruit and some fruit juice (the juice is calorie dense so I am being careful with only a little). Some folks say yes and some say no.
I'm clear about NOOOO white bread, NOOOOOO sugar and I've been off of sodas for quite some time but gee I thought the weight would just fall off after I quite drinking cokes but not yet. I'm drinking maybe 4 glasses of iced Lipton tea with splenda only. Do you think Splenda is OK? Most of what I've read seems to recommend splenda and it has sure helped me since my fav thing is iced tea since I can't have coke. Thanks for the sprouts idea....I remember liking them on the salad bar so that will be an easy addition to my salads. I'm getting on board with exercise, too. I've just got to figure out how to calculate my caloric intake. Someone earlier gave me a website which I"m going to explore tonight which will help me with the calorie info.

BTW, my husband just had a piece of beef and broccoli tonight. He is really hanging in there on this. He is the only family I have left and I've been terribly worried about his weight so this is a real blessing. I'm trying to use each and every piece of advice so that we can be successful. Thank y'all.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:14 PM

315 posts, read 1,088,167 times
Tinabean I don't think you have to cut out your "white foods". My doctor is very against this. A baked potato without the buter with grilled salmon and your favourite veggies will fill you up with no need for dessert. I usually have a fruit or a mint after a meal. And diet sodas are worse than a real soda if you feel the need for one every once in a while. All those sugar replacements are also bad to cause bloat and make your jeans feel tight.Have you tried chamomille tea, it's a natural relaxant . I have always been a huge veggie eater, I could live on fruits and veggies but I always eat a balanced meal. I often make a huge spinach and lettuce salad with all kinds of veggies and add some cold chicken to it for a great meal. And while I used to be very active and thought this is what kept my weight down, guess it was mostly the eating habits - have not been able to do much of anything for the last 10 yrs and my weight is still unchanged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss