Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,905 times

Advertisements

And admits he was wrong.

Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 07:38 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Kinda makes you want to clean out the pantry and start over.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
That heart surgeon stopped practicing surgery in 2004 and had his license revoked in 2008 after repeated violations.

I'm thinking, I'll trust my cat's advice before I trust his.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 AM

I almost posted that for you, but then I figured I'd let you find it yourself... i knew you would.

First, why don't you tell everyone WHY it was revoked.
Mostly it seemed be issues with his record keeping. Paperwork.

Second, If you'd dig a little deeper about the license revocation, you'd find that he retired in 2003 and was not practicing medicine. In 2009, the Arizona Medical Board went after him in retirement because of his books and speeches about inflammation causing heart disease and his outspoken stance against statins. They looked at 8 years of patients prior to 2003. Even though he had one of the highest success rates of cardiothoracic surgeons in Arizona, they callously revoked the license of a retired surgeon. As if that wasn't enough, they issued a Press Release announcing it. He was the only surgeon whose license was revoked to have a Press Release issued about it. The intent and message was very clear. Don't speak out against pharmaceutical companies or conventional medicine if you want to keep your license.

Sad... sad... sad... and people think our GOVERNMENT is too controlling recently? Ha! The medical profession will do everything they can to make sure ya'll keep getting fatter and unhealthier.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
That heart surgeon stopped practicing surgery in 2004 and had his license revoked in 2008 after repeated violations.

I'm thinking, I'll trust my cat's advice before I trust his.
Good idea. Your cat probably could come up with better advice than following the low fat-high carb diet that has been pushed on the american public as being "healthy" for the last 30 years.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Lundell's "recordkeeping mistakes" resulted in the deaths of six of his patients. It's not record keeping - it's not keeping track of patients whose lives depend on your keeping track of them.

Sort of like, when you go to the doctor's office, and he knows you're allergic to penicillin, but because he "forgot" to write that little fact down in his files, he injects you with a shot of penicillin to treat an infection. And you die.

That's the kind of "record keeping mistakes" the "good doctor" has made. Not just once. Not even once, plus once while he was on probation. But six times, including times he was on probation, during which his company spokesman claimed to have been retired from surgery (NOT retired from practicing medicine).

Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 PM

So in 25 years and over 5000 heart surgeries, he lost 6 patients.

Anywayyyyy.... I would blame the medical profession for the misinformation that put those patients in his care in the first place. Talk about malpractice. The largest malpractice in the history of the world.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Here is the way I see it. I have several relatives (in the great range) that have lived to be over a 100. (And some in the generation before that one)

They all grew up in the south on garden grown produce and home grown meat. They ate pork and used it for flavor, but most of the time they just ate their fresh produce from their garden and beans etc. They didn't eat much processed stuff because it was a pain to go to the grocery store, and some of them only had access to cars once a week.

They'd go fishing and grab enough to save for later. They (or a neighbor) had chickens so they had access to fresh eggs all the time. People traded stuff all the time. My granddad cured his own pork and made ham and bacon my mom grew up on. (She says that was the best tasting pork she ever had). People didn't use pesticides because they were expensive. They rotated crops because it made sense.

They walked to many errands because there was no car, all their friends lived within a few houses, and all of the key day to day community features were in walking distance.

The way I see it, I should really just try and eat and live more like them. I don't have a garden, but I might as well focus on getting food from as close to the garden as I can and eat those. And increase my odds of making it to the 100+ club too.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Here is the way I see it. I have several relatives (in the great range) that have lived to be over a 100. (And some in the generation before that one)

They all grew up in the south on garden grown produce and home grown meat. They ate pork and used it for flavor, but most of the time they just ate their fresh produce from their garden and beans etc. They didn't eat much processed stuff because it was a pain to go to the grocery store, and some of them only had access to cars once a week.

They'd go fishing and grab enough to save for later. They (or a neighbor) had chickens so they had access to fresh eggs all the time. People traded stuff all the time. My granddad cured his own pork and made ham and bacon my mom grew up on. (She says that was the best tasting pork she ever had). People didn't use pesticides because they were expensive. They rotated crops because it made sense.

They walked to many errands because there was no car, all their friends lived within a few houses, and all of the key day to day community features were in walking distance.

The way I see it, I should really just try and eat and live more like them. I don't have a garden, but I might as well focus on getting food from as close to the garden as I can and eat those. And increase my odds of making it to the 100+ club too.
Great post. And they probably didn't have gym memberships, do spinning classes or run marathons, but were otherwise active people who ate well off of the FAT of the land.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
So in 25 years and over 5000 heart surgeries, he lost 6 patients.

Anywayyyyy.... I would blame the medical profession for the misinformation that put those patients in his care in the first place. Talk about malpractice. The largest malpractice in the history of the world.
Of course, none of it has anything to do with whether the advice he is now giving on diet is correct or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss