Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM

28 posts, read 64,815 times

Advertisements

Celebrity diet. Acai Berry Diet. should I try it?
Diet Trends: A look at America's Top Diets

Is this the diet to try if I only have that last 15pds to shed? Or could it be dangerous, because most people loose so much weight on this diet?

Who has tried it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
I had a friend spending a God loving fortune on that stuff. As long as she lived on it and had very little real food she lost the weight. As soon as she stopped and went back to her regular diet it all came back with a few extra pounds for friends.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Google: spark people diet

Do that^^^^

All "diets" are just fancy ways to cut calories. If you only have 15 pounds to lose you can probably do that just by cleaning up your food choices and not even need to exercise. What is your typical food & drink intake a day? Do you drink/eat a lot on the weekends? Do you do anything active?

Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM

28 posts, read 64,815 times
I would have to say when it comes to drinking I am a weekend warrior.lol. I'm 26 yrs old so I go out just about every weekend but when I drink I stick to clear liquors and liquid mixers. Ex: Gin and Gingerale or clear rum and fruit juice. I actually ordered this stuff called mandura trim that seems to be "the real deal" I just started it. I seem to have increased energy and a happy attitude. I am only doing half of their recommended dosage just to be safe. It's all natural and it supposedly is supposed to control your leptin levels which is something that controls the amount of fat your body stores. It also regulates serotonin and glucose. I hope it works!!! Fingers crossed!!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelynnA View Post
I would have to say when it comes to drinking I am a weekend warrior.lol. I'm 26 yrs old so I go out just about every weekend but when I drink I stick to clear liquors and liquid mixers. Ex: Gin and Gingerale or clear rum and fruit juice. I actually ordered this stuff called mandura trim that seems to be "the real deal" I just started it. I seem to have increased energy and a happy attitude. I am only doing half of their recommended dosage just to be safe. It's all natural and it supposedly is supposed to control your leptin levels which is something that controls the amount of fat your body stores. It also regulates serotonin and glucose. I hope it works!!! Fingers crossed!!
Save your money. Start doing cardio, cut out all unhealthy foods, and reduce your drinking. Alcohol = empty calories. At 26 your metabolism should still be fairly strong, and if you do what I say, you'll see mandura trim, acai, is all unnecessary. And fruit juice is LOADED w/ sugar, so avoid it.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Come on people, diets do not work long term... if they did, there wouldn't be a new fad every year. a change of general eating habits and an increase of physical activity is the successful way to lose weight and keep it off.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:29 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I must say that it's tempting, but I noticed that the link is to an advertorial, not a real news article. I may look into it though--there is a whole foods near here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss