Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:53 AM

13 posts, read 25,578 times

Advertisements

I am so tired of watching people not clean up after their dog(s)! It's particularly frustrating when the neighbor's dog comes into your yard to do their business!!

I just joined a Facebook Group called the No Poop Left Behind Act (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=97789814091&ref=ts - broken link). Everyone should join! Let's get as many people to join as possible and get the word out that leaving behind dog poop is UNACCEPTABLE!!

What's you're worst poop encounter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,525 times
It's so bad I hardly take my dogs walking thru our neighborhood. It wasn't always this way but last year 80 new homes were built in our area and now even the sidewalks are covered in dog poop.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
it's embarrassing for other dog owners! i've had people yell at me because they see poop on the sidewalk and see me walking my dog and assume it came from her.

i usually end up picking up numerous other dogs' poops as i walk through my neighborhood. it's pretty bad where i live.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM

761 posts, read 3,415,907 times
We just moved into a new neighborhood and the first night my wife and i went for a walk and there was a pile right off our driveway that I stepped in.

Welcome to the neighborhood eh?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,573 times
Here people don't use a leash, don't pick up after the dogs, etc. so it's hard to walk ours. We are constantly cleaning our shoes because of the poop. We even have special old snickers for this purpose.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
i know it's just a typo but the idea of cleaning up poop/protecting yourself from poop with a snickers is amusing!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
I used to live in a nice quiet community in PA. Before I walked my dog I would always allow him to use our own fenced backyard before the walk. Dogs being dogs, he would still occasionally drop a pile and I assume it was more for marking than necessity. I almost always walk the same route and on one walk a resident came out and read me the riot act about not picking up dog waste. I asked him if he was sure it was my dog and he swore up and down it was my dog. I couldn't understand how I missed my dog going, but to be polite I asked him where the pile was and he show me. I have a mini schnauzer and the pile that was left was obvious from a much larger dog. I pointed this out to him and he agreed that it could not have come from my dog and apologized. I think what happened is he became accustomed to seeing me walk my dog by his house and did not see the dog who did the deed and he wrongly concluded I was a fault. Just be sure you are blaming the correct owner and dog. Generally a dv camera is a good way.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM

557 posts, read 2,611,062 times
When I lived in a city neighborhood, this was a major gripe of mine! Dog owners who neglect to pick up their dog's droppings are either lazy and/or just arrogant. Had one neighbor who actually walked his dog on leash down to our property and allowed to dog to poop and then walked his dog home. We had grass and these people didn't. Once I caught them in the act and asked them to please pick the poop up but they ignored me and walked off. That's when I started bagging the dog's poop (I *knew* whose it was) and left it at the end of their drive way. Didn't stop them. I started sprinkling dog repellant all over--spent a small fortune in the stuff. Now I don't have to worry about other dogs (just my own) because we live way out in the country--but now have droppings in my "yard" from elk, deer, and coyotes.... !

Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i know it's just a typo but the idea of cleaning up poop/protecting yourself from poop with a snickers is amusing!
Hah it made me laugh also...Snickers also looks kind of like dog poop I will carry Snickers with me.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I get tried of it and the people who throwout tehre trash like beerr cans;bottles and other debris out of their cars. Slobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs