Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,298,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Does anyone see this lowering of protein (by more than 10%!) as a problem for Artie?
The only problem I foresee is a change in poop habits, which I'm sure we'll hear about in great detail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 05:38 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,061,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
The only problem I foresee is a change in poop habits, which I'm sure we'll hear about in great detail!
Absolutely!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,911,903 times
Quote:
I've actually talked to our local Natura rep and read the letters pet store owners were sent by the company regarding the change. They are assuring people that the ingredients will remain the same in their entire line and P&G just wants to get in on the "gourmet" pet food line. Evo, Innova, and CA Naturals have a huge, huge following. They make a killing, especially with Evo, since it's one of the most expensive foods on the market. I find it hard to believe that P&G would be stupid enough to lose all these consumers. Until they prove otherwise, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

And I'd love to see which foods your pet store carries. Diamond has had recalls, so that takes care of Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup line, and many others. Natural Balance has had many recalls, including one last month. What's left? Unless the only food your pet store sells are Orijen, Acana and raw, the owner does not have a valid argument. Natura's foods are still the quality they were before the buy out. Can't say the same about the others!
I just wanted to point out to anyone doing a search on California Natural that pulls up this thread, Proctor & Gamble just had a recall for some of their dog foods. Not California Natural so far, but who knows what's next. I was actually going to buy some California Natural in the next few days for our puppy, now I'm on the fence.

MAK02, I am in no way singling you out---I just wanted this information out there for others in the future.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I just wanted to point out to anyone doing a search on California Natural that pulls up this thread, Proctor & Gamble just had a recall for some of their dog foods. Not California Natural so far, but who knows what's next. I was actually going to buy some California Natural in the next few days for our puppy, now I'm on the fence.
I just posted this on Thursday (yesterday) on the recall thread a little further down:

Re: P&G. It's just my luck. My local store special-ordered the California Naturals grain-free lamb on Monday, and Jeremy picked it up for me (well, for Artie, actually) on Tuesday. Yesterday, I incorporated some of it into his mix of other grain-free kibble. I can't win! If it's not Diamond stuff, it's the P&G stuff. And Acana and Orijen is not something they carry (or can order). So frustrating!

ATTW: What are you currently feeding your sweetpea?

Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,911,903 times
LOL, we are posting the same questions to each other at the same time on two separate threads. As I said on the other thread, I am giving our puppy Beneful that the breeder used. But I want to slowly switch to something healthier, without salmonella......

Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 AM

HAHAHAHA... and I just responded on the other thread too.

Oh! You want to feed your dog something without salmonella. Interesting...

It's so ridiculously difficult nowadays to fiind a good dog food AND one that's not coming from a potentially tainted plant.

It makes feeding raw all the more appealing, except that my freezers are BOTH already full. (Costco trip. You know how it is.)

Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,131,177 times
Edison loved the Natural Balance food roll he got at the Pet Expo. Sigh. Just went to a Pet Expo here in SA and they're doing them in cities all over and the booths have samples you can take. I took home about 6 samples. If you do a google search for Pet Expo, you'll get some hits!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:12 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,298,641 times
I wanted to go to our Pet Expo here, but they don't allow dogs. The one in NJ used to allow all leashed dogs, cats, and whatever else. It was, after all, a pet expo. Not sure why CA is different. That's the main reason we are not going!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:54 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,131,177 times
Quote:
I wanted to go to our Pet Expo here, but they don't allow dogs.
What?!?! That's no fun! The joy is in taking your furry companion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs