Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
LOL - Dazzle looks positively radiant!

A little note to Dazzle...repeat after me...... "The cat is not a squeek toy and when it makes that noise its not necessarily a good thing!"

The truth be told Dazzle is very gentle with the cat, he seems to have alot of respect for them. I know his breeder did expose them to cats and something tells me a cat must have let him have it.While he gets very excited he is also very cautious like a dog that despite his being larger then the cat knows the cat can harm him if it wants too. Of course he tends to be very gentle with everything.

The cat learned from Phoenix that it is best not to run, took him a long time to learn that as Henry and Taffy,the other dog before Phoenix did not chase him as they grew up with cats and were trained not too. Then Phoenix moved in and she loved to chase him and being deaf you could not call her off but she did it strictly for the chase as when she caught up to him she would stand wagging her tail and nudging him with her nose. One day that light went off in his small kitty head that said do not run and crazy dogs will just stand there and look at you or walk away.

The one giving me some issues is the old lady queen Jazz she will bark at him to try to get him to run. She LOVES to chase cats and years ago when I had a cat Jazz would catch her and pin her down and chew on her head. Not to hurt her as she never bit down but she would mouth the cats head and the cat would scream and make alot of noise yea like a squeaky toy! Yet the cat went out of her way to get the Queen to pay attention to her. The cat never scratched her either so both myself and my vet decided it was just the way the two played but Misha was a tough cat. Poor Alfie would freak if the queen grabbed him. Misha never knew she was a cat and so she was very dog like. When she developed oral cancer and could no longer groom herself her pal Dash would groom her as to him she was just one of the pack. To both Jazz and Dash she was just a weird looking pup.

Alfie on the other hand knows he is a cat and is not too thrilled when the queen bugs him and he probably will scratch her if push comes to shove. I do have to admitt he is somewhat the Dazzle of the cat world as he is very easy going at the vets yesterday he just layed back while she took blood and does the same for his insulin shots...whew! But he has hissed at Jazz and started to raise his paw to smack her.He has warmed up to me alot and is acting the part of Lover boy as he knows who controls the food. The stomach is not only the way to a man's heart but to a dog or cats heart too Of course if we are talking M&M's it is the way to my heart too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 01:45 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I've come back to this thread a dozen times already today just to see the expression on Dazzle's face in that first photo. Honestly, it's priceless.

That expression is one of the great things I have always loved about sighthounds the grins they get on their faces are priceless. My sister had a wolf hound mix, named Bumper years ago and you could be in the worst mood and all it took was one of his beautiful goofy grins to put a smile not only on your face but in your heart. My love of the hounds comes from Bumper and the imprint his smiles left on my heart. RIP Bumper and know that 30 years later I can still see those grins when I close my eyes. You are still in my heart with all the other dogs I have loved in my life time. I guess my heart is well trampled by all those paw prints left on it

Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
That expression is one of the great things I have always loved about sighthounds the grins they get on their faces are priceless. My sister had a wolf hound mix, named Bumper years ago and you could be in the worst mood and all it took was one of his beautiful goofy grins to put a smile not only on your face but in your heart. My love of the hounds comes from Bumper and the imprint his smiles left on my heart. RIP Bumper and know that 30 years later I can still see those grins when I close my eyes. You are still in my heart with all the other dogs I have loved in my life time. I guess my heart is well trampled by all those paw prints left on it
That's the BEST kind of heart-trampling there is, though -- the love of (and for) a dog.

PS. Yeah, I came back AGAIN to look at that first photo. Geez, you were right about it completely changing your mood. It's raining here, I'm not feeling 100%, I'm drowning in work... and then I look at that photo... and life is good again.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Absolutely precious pictures!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:05 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Very, very cute!!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
love, love, love the photos and the stories. Thank you.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,921,579 times
Great pictures, I love the first one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs