Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 05:19 PM

19 posts, read 23,539 times

Advertisements

Hi. I live in Kannapolis, NC and I am trying to rehome an 8 week old lab mix. She's really cute, looks like a little bear. Very sweet and playful. I cant keep her because she makes our older dog nervous as she wants to play with him but he's an old man and doesnt wanna be bothered. If interested please let me know. She is free to a good home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:24 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle815 View Post
Hi. I live in Kannapolis, NC and I am trying to rehome an 8 week old lab mix. She's really cute, looks like a little bear. Very sweet and playful. I cant keep her because she makes our older dog nervous as she wants to play with him but he's an old man and doesnt wanna be bothered. If interested please let me know. She is free to a good home.
Why don't you try putting her on Craiglist in your area? Also, I wouldn't offer her free. Many free dogs end up as guinea pigs for dog fighting rings to train the fighting dogs. If someone can't afford a small fee, they can't afford a dog.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,921,579 times
Where did you get her from? Can you take her back?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,817 times
I wouldn't go the Craigs List route I would check into a rescue group in your area.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:14 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
I wouldn't go the Craigs List route I would check into a rescue group in your area.
Ditto, all the crazies come out on Craigslist! Where did you get her?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Ditto, all the crazies come out on Craigslist! Where did you get her?
I'm not talking letting the pup go to the first person who inquires about her. Not everyone looking for a dog on CL is crazy! I was able to help my neighbor rehome her young dog on CL. Neighbor had a change in job putting her on the road all the time. I told her I'd help her find the dog a home. I interviewed several people before finding the right home for the dog.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:01 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Anyone that's willing to give their pet away will not thoroughly investigate a potential adopter from CL. It's just the way it is. I'm dealing with a guy locally that wants to get into 'rescue' but he doesn't do applications or check vet references or do home visits. Swears he's got a 'good sense' when it comes to people and knows what he's doing.

Please if you're not willing to work through issues with this puppy and honor the lifetime commitment you made to it when you took it away from it's mother - and YES if you want to work through it you can do it in a way that's fair to both dogs, so don't use an older dog as an excuse to dump a puppy that's turning out to be more work than you anticipated - contact the person you got it from or a local rescue. If you can't do it either way place an ad on PF and SCREEN anyone that is interested. You might even ask local rescues to courtesy list your pet for you if you will foster it until a wonderful new home is found. It's the least you can do since you're backing out on the poor little baby.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM

19 posts, read 23,539 times
Thanks for all the advice. We're probably going to keep her and see how things go. Our older pup seems to be adjusting and we try to play with the pup often so it takes her attention off our older pup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs