Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
LOL!

Does she like bad boys? Because Artie's, uh, rough.
Are you kidding, she was raised by Rottweilers (really she was) and her best bud at doggie daycare when she goes is a 130 lb Leonberger. One of her other favourite dogs is a neighbor's mastiff cross. My current dogs are a very uppity Rottweiler, a black Lab and a pit bull x Lab. She bosses them all over the place.

This little dog will take on a herd of water buffaloes and rule.

Her modus operandi with other dogs (also she is used to a lot of fosters so she has pretty well perfected the art of laying down the law without incurring my wrath.)

ONE: Ignore. There is no such thing as a new dog in my universe. ugh. If I ignore it, it doesn't exist. lalalala;lala, la, la, la. I hate you mommy for bringing this abomination into my house and I am not speaking to you.

TWO: Beyotch. Fine. I shall threaten it into oblivion. Or compliance, whichever comes first. grrr, snarl, scary face, lots of teeth. Don't touch me, donb't look at me, don't look at that, everything is MINE, *herds, blocks and sasses other dog until it is properly compliant. Or, terrified.*

THREE: Acceptance. LET'S PARTAY!@!!@1 1 !! *Chase ensues* Nobody catches her unless she wants to get caught.

She would adore Artie, are you kidding?! She loves the big rough boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Are you kidding, she was raised by Rottweilers (really she was) and her best bud at doggie daycare when she goes is a 130 lb Leonberger. One of her other favourite dogs is a neighbor's mastiff cross. My current dogs are a very uppity Rottweiler, a black Lab and a pit bull x Lab. She bosses them all over the place.

Her modus operandi with other dogs (also she is used to a lot of fosters so she has pretty well perfected the art of laying down the law without incurring my wrath.)

ONE: Ignore. There is no such thing as a new dog in my universe. ugh. If I ignore it, it doesn't exist. lalalala;lala, la, la, la. I hate you mommy for bringing this abomination into my house and I am not speaking to you.

TWO: Beyotch. Fine. I shall threaten it into oblivion. Or compliance, whichever comes first. grrr, snarl, scary face, lots of teeth. Don't touch me, donb't look at me, don't look at that, everything is MINE, *herds, blocks and sasses other dog until it is properly compliant. Or, terrified.*

THREE: Acceptance. LET'S PARTAY!@!!@1 1 !! *Chase ensues* Nobody catches her unless she wants to get caught.

Oh my God, she sounds like a TRIP! No... a trip and a half. I love her already. And anyone who can put Artie in his place is A+ with me!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:01 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
AND she sounds exactly like my spotted bailey.... especially the step 2.....

must be the cattle dog side.....

Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

Oh just saw this....what a cool looking dog is Bailey!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Oh my God, she sounds like a TRIP! No... a trip and a half. I love her already. And anyone who can put Artie in his place is A+ with me!
Quote:

This is my current issue between Mariah and Kohla. He just wants to be friends and Mariah wants nothing to do with him We have gotten past the snarling and are waiting for the PARTAY! Lets all hope that happens soon - Mom is getting worn out!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 AM

Fiona's taken 2-3 weeks to get to the PARTAY stage, it depends on the dog.
They don't call female dogs the b-word for nothing, you know! I've had a couple of females that were like this.

As long as they are simply setting parameters and ground rules and the other dog is compliant, I let it go. Unecessary warnings and guarding, humping or any over-the-top bossy behaviour, I don't tolerate.

If you're already past the snarling stage, I think Mariah is about ready to come around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
This is my current issue between Mariah and Kohla. He just wants to be friends and Mariah wants nothing to do with him We have gotten past the snarling and are waiting for the PARTAY! Lets all hope that happens soon - Mom is getting worn out!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Oh just saw this....what a cool looking dog is Bailey!

thank you .... she is truly my heart dog.....

va-cat .... how are things today?? is mariah settling down??

bailey seems to have an easier time accepting boys.... she is a TOTAL biotch to girls that DARE to tread into her territory..... she is FINE with both when we are out and about....

Old 06-26-2011, 02:57 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
Quote:
va-cat .... how are things today?? is mariah settling down??

bailey seems to have an easier time accepting boys.... she is a TOTAL biotch to girls that DARE to tread into her territory..... she is FINE with both when we are out and about....
LOL the truce is still on but there has been some progress. Sammie has already given Kohla a sniff and a little lick so thats one dog down. Gator is in the "if I just ignore him maybe he will go away" stage and Mariah....sigh.....my pigheaded Mariah is still in the look-at-me, walk-past-me, dare-to-approach-MY-MOM and I'll kick your butt stage. Kohla is trying to make peace but is being rebuffed still. We will get there. I'm just making sure there is no bloodshed in the interum.

Missy Mariah is a VERY dominant biotch. She just need to be reminded on a regular basis that she is not the one that says who stays or goes. Its a constant learning curve when you deal with a Chessie! Time, patience and consistency will win in the long run though! It has to 'cause our Kohla Bear is NOT going anywhere. He is home and the Chessie is just gonna have to deal with it.

Oh and Ms Bailey has another fan here! Davey long legs is sweet but your Bailey is such a cutie!!!!!

Last edited by Va-Cat; 06-26-2011 at 03:07 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 04:01 PM

thank ya' .... thank ya' verra much.....

(like i had anything to do with how purdy she is..... )

she is VERY camera shy and has been for about the last 4-5 years.... i have to have friends take sneak pupparazzi shots of her to have any pictures AT ALL...... i think it is my fault .... i took a closeup picture of her face one time and forgot the flash was on and blinded her.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs