Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,760 times

Advertisements

I have extreme chewers. It is Kong toys and rope only. I worked for a rope distribution company and bought 600' of 100% cotton rope. I make their toys. They chew, play tug of war with each other and it is okay shrewd. It is all natural. The Kong toys are almost indestructible but they are always supervised.

I don't give them squeak toys because the sound of the squeak is also the sound an animal makes as it is dying. I don't need to encourage "killer" behavior. I've got one that has chased and I believe killed vermin.

Mine play the game, whatever toy you've got (as in the other dog) I want to play with it. I don't care how many other cool toys are right there.

So, as to why they have decided to protect the stuffed dog, there could be many different reasons. If any of yours are females, it could be a false pregnancy issue. They may have adopted it (which seems your pack has done.) So, you could name it and they will learn it's name. One day, they may turn on it as the omega of the and kill it (shread it) but until that happens, you've got five instead of four dogs, lol. It is just one less to feed and clean up after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,181 times
My German Shepherd's first toy as a puppy was a white ghost Halloween toy with stuffing inside named "Boo". He would carry it everywhere. He eventually tore it up, and now he has a strong affection for socks (they are the same color and size as "Boo"). I think he believes that socks are really that toy. He shreds all of his other toys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs