Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,604,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
Exactly. The point I was trying to make is that the manufacturers are using this "no cases" of animal illness in their press releases, which make it seem like it's no big deal. But there have been illnesses, they just haven't been able to "track and trace"/confirm them yet, like they've been able to do already with human illnesses related to this particular recall. The pet food manufacturers seem to be using this to downplay the seriousness of the recall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
EXACTLY! It takes an act of GOD for it to be proven a pet got sick and/or died from a particular food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,871,857 times
im not quite sure what God has to do with anything...

Once again BIOLOGY (not theology) states that a healthy dog is practically Immune to salmonella, the dog would have to be already immuno compromised to be effected by salmonella and even then its rare...their stomach phs is all wrong...there designed to eat raw and even rotting flesh, salmonealla is a VERY LOW concern in cats and dogs (and all true carnivores)

Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,692,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
Exactly. The point I was trying to make is that the manufacturers are using this "no cases" of animal illness in their press releases, which make it seem like it's no big deal. But there have been illnesses, they just haven't been able to "track and trace"/confirm them yet, like they've been able to do already with human illnesses related to this particular recall. The pet food manufacturers seem to be using this to downplay the seriousness of the recall.
The pet food manufacture is saying that because its currently THE TRUTH!!!!! If you or your quack vet has proof otherewise, give it to the FDA so they can require the notices to say that there is evidence of salmonela illnesses in pets as well as humans. But until someone can provide some proof that pets are getting sick, the manufacture is correct in their statement.
Let's face a certain MATURE ADULT idea, what do you think will happen if a pet food manufacture said their food was causing illnesses in pets based on sicknesses in humans from contamination that normally does not impact animals? If they did that, every, and i mean EVERY, pet owner will crawl out of their hole saying their pet was harmed. That is why they need and require proof. Please have your vet submit their proof if this claim of theirs of pets being sick and dying from this product is true.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,520,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
If you or your quack vet
It's obvious that a mature conversation without name calling and accusations can't be held with some people about this topic, so whatever, I'm done.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,425,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Really! Maybe a formula change. I noticed late last year that the bags started having a very strong odor - emailed back and forth with the TOTW vet about it, she said it was fine and had to do with the chicken meal. I actually switched out one bag, finding it repulsive (my dog of course loved the new smell...lol).

I bet they changed some things and it probably is a totally separate issue from the recall.
Who knows Sometimes my dog wouldn't eat at all, but I thought he was just being picky.....

Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 AM

306 posts, read 605,765 times
Not many dog food choices left....even Wellness has recalls

Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,707,849 times
Default Please excuse if this is a repetition of info already posted

Hopefully, there is something new or of value to someone reading here.

The full details of the recall as well as ways to identify if you are in possession of recalled products are on the FDA website. You can click UPDATED: CORRECT PRODUCTION CODE INFORMATION Diamond Pet Foods Expands Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Food Due to Potential Salmonella Contamination to see the full details.

The products involved are the following:

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover\'s Soul
Country Value
Diamond
Diamond Naturals
Premium Edge
Professional
4Health
Taste of the Wild
Canidae
Natural Balance
Wellness (Large Breed Puppy ONLY)

For full details please Click UPDATED: CORRECT PRODUCTION CODE INFORMATION Diamond Pet Foods Expands Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Food Due to Potential Salmonella Contamination

If you are in possession of any recalled products, please discontinue feeding them to your pets, and you may contact each respective company to obtain a full refund/replacement.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,604,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Hopefully, there is something new or of value to someone reading here.

The full details of the recall as well as ways to identify if you are in possession of recalled products are on the FDA website. You can click UPDATED: CORRECT PRODUCTION CODE INFORMATION Diamond Pet Foods Expands Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Food Due to Potential Salmonella Contamination to see the full details.

The products involved are the following:

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover\'s Soul
Country Value
Diamond
Diamond Naturals
Premium Edge
Professional
4Health
Taste of the Wild
Canidae
Natural Balance
Wellness (Large Breed Puppy ONLY)

For full details please Click UPDATED: CORRECT PRODUCTION CODE INFORMATION Diamond Pet Foods Expands Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Food Due to Potential Salmonella Contamination

If you are in possession of any recalled products, please discontinue feeding them to your pets, and you may contact each respective company to obtain a full refund/replacement.
Unfortunately that list is already outdated. More brands have been added, and some include cat food.

You can get more info in this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/pets/...l#post24207980

Old 05-17-2012, 02:45 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,437,357 times
This article confirms that food coming from this plant should not be trusted, no matter how serious an issue you feel salmonella is. I personally wouldn't feed any product made by any plant operated by Diamond now.

The Plot Thickens, Clues to Big Issues

Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,577,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
im not quite sure what God has to do with anything...

Once again BIOLOGY (not theology) states that a healthy dog is practically Immune to salmonella, the dog would have to be already immuno compromised to be effected by salmonella and even then its rare...their stomach phs is all wrong...there designed to eat raw and even rotting flesh, salmonealla is a VERY LOW concern in cats and dogs (and all true carnivores)
Foxywench, you always give very good accurate suggestions. However, in this case, the statement that "BIOLOGY (not theology) states that a healthy dog is practically Immune to salmonella" is not accurate. It totally depends on which strain of salmonella.

If I offended you, I am sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs