Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 16,366 times

Advertisements

Is the reason why you have so many regulations on what can be posted because you are unable to debate with intelligent people about dogs that have different views than many of you??? Is there a area on this board where real breeders can go and post without having to be flagged because somebody got their feelings hurt because they don't understand that not every dog is a good representative of their breed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 01:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
this may not be the best message board for a breeder to be bragging about his breeding operation.....

Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,892 times
Wouldn't an AKC or UKC website be more productive? This is more of a dog owner forum. And getting flagged doesn't mean your post will get taken down if it's legitimate and following the rules.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,815 times
The reason might be... "My dog is the smartest and best dog on the world" syndrome". It's very hard to be objective when it's your baby being torn from limb to limb. I love to tell people how smart my standard poodle is, but the guy next door with a semi-smart Shepard is going to be offended. And if you try to tell me my dog is somehow inferior, I will flame your A** in a heart beat.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:35 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetFree View Post
Is the reason why you have so many regulations on what can be posted because you are unable to debate with intelligent people about dogs that have different views than many of you??? Is there a area on this board where real breeders can go and post without having to be flagged because somebody got their feelings hurt because they don't understand that not every dog is a good representative of their breed.
The rules pertain to all the different areas of the forum, not just this one. It would serve you better to find a website dedicated to dogs. Of course, that site will have their own set of rules.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Welcome, Truth - welcome to the dog lovin'-est forum on the net!

There really aren't a lot of rules that aren't just common sense and good manners, but let me help you and other new posters along on their journey through C-D:

Terms of Service: (NOTE: These are from the Administrator and owner of the site, not from moderators or members. And what he/she/they say goes!)

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

The only other rule for this particular forum is the Zero Tolerance sticky you find at the top of the main Pets page:

HOT TOPICS & ZERO TOLERANCE....pls read!

As long as you don't want to debate BSL or talk about dogfighting, you're pretty much good to go on that one!

Breeders are more than welcome to post - I am assuming you as a real breeder mean a COE breeder, and Lord knows we'd love to have more of those here!

Hurt feelings sometimes happen - however, even the strongest post can be toned down, and that's why your friendly moderators are here. I'm just a part-timer over here - if you have further questions or need to have something clarified, please feel free to contact the regular moderators for Dogs, SouthernBelleInUtah or Keeper.

Thanks for joining!

Sam I Am

Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I think Sam covered it pretty well. This is a forum for those who love dogs, whether owners, breeders, or would-be owners. Nowhere on the site are any ads permitted, except in the Classifieds forum and then only by individuals, not businesses.

As responsible dog owners we recognize that many demonized breeds are that way only b/c of bad owners. Thus, we do not allow breed-bashing of any kind.

To the OP, since you have never posted in the Dogs forum before this one post, I am not sure what your concerns are. Feel free to send me a Direct Message.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSetFree View Post
Hi Truth ... you only have 4 posts. What breed of dogs do you handle.

I have a Boxer (second one) that is the smartest dog in the whole world and on top of that the sweetest dog in the whole world. I have had a Chow, Labs, 1 Pit, 4 German Shepherds, 1 Doberman, a Peek-a-Poo and so many Heinz 57s I can't count them all .... but sure did love them all ... every one of my dogs was the smartest and sweetest dog in the whole wide world.

I guess I have that 'syndrome!'

Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I consider myself to meet the OP's standard of being reasonably inteligent...but I have never found a need to "debate" about dogs. I am not into catagorizing the people or dogs I meet. I have two rescue dogs.....one is a red and white, three legged beagle and the other is a mixed terrier. I love them both and that quality of relationship is not up for debate....for how can you "debate" love. Both of these girls are spayed.....for as lovely as they are... the world has enough dogs looking for forever homes.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
we LOVE dog breeders..and by that i mean we love RESPONSIBLE breeders who health test and breed to better their breed, theres a number of breedrs on this forum from small scale hobby breeders who breed once in a while (like myself) to larger scale breeders,
we DONT take kindly however to back yard or mill breeders or "comercial" operations where the breeder is clearly in it for the money, doesnt relay care about the breed, or breed standards or health testing ect.

we LOVE a good discusion...even a GOOD debate, but we as a whole are all around dog people who wont stand for BS trolling on the evils of pitblls for example...

so in conclusion your post realy makes no sence unless you yourself are a BYB/miller or anti pitbull...LOL

and since youve never actually posted here on the pet forum...im wondering where your basing your "theres too many rules" thing?! theres VERY few rules on this section of the forum beyond "be polite" (its ok to disagree just dont be a jerk about it) no BSL bull, no "selling" ect...
youll find MANY of us butt heads on a regular basis, but if we REALY have issues with omeone we tend to make use of the "block" button rather than hash it out like a dog with a bone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs