Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 PM

315 posts, read 564,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Beagles can be really annoying!
Beagles are/were bred as hunting dogs, you expect them not to bark?

Beagles have a very distinct bark called "Bugling".

OP, people are complete morons on your block. I will never understand why some people feel the need to get a dog. He was on a walk, I'm sure holding the dang leash wouldn't have hurt him anymore These are the same jerks who'll complain about their dogs being destructive, noisy, obsessive, etc. No, they are none of the sort, fact is their BORED. He takes daily walks but leaves the dog tied to a fence....oh lord some people need help!

I work at a dog kennel/daycare. We have a German Shepherd who is OBSESSIVE over water spraying, squirts, ANYTHING. We have another GSD who is obsessed with chasing shadows. Their owners come in "well he just kinds of runs around in circles and chews stuff at home". They are not exercised enough. These are WORKING dogs, you can't just expect 'em to be content with sleeping 18+ hours a day.

I can't stand it frankly. I have a pug/beagle mix who got most of the beagle genes. He is extremely high energy, has extreme prey drive, and had bad behavioral issues when I first got him. His old owner, while she was a great women and made the selfless choice, kept him crated all day (7+ hours) and put him back in the crate at night. He had issues with pulling on the leash, stealing, chewing everything, being alone, being put back in his crate, etc. He was a LOT of work. This behavior is all linked back to not enough exercise and being bored. Enter his new life, he goes on walks (not really lately but I've been busy with school), hikes, jogs, etc. In the summer, he even goes on fishing trips with me. He is a gem of a dog. Such a sweetheart, always was, but he never chews anything, and he can be left out when we aren't home ALL DAY. He's great.

But overall, some people shouldn't own dogs.

Don't even get me started on the ones who leave their dogs on a chain 24/7 365 days a year as their furry lawn ornaments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 03:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGG1659 View Post
Beagles are/were bred as hunting dogs, you expect them not to bark?

Beagles have a very distinct bark called "Bugling".

OP, people are complete morons on your block. I will never understand why some people feel the need to get a dog. He was on a walk, I'm sure holding the dang leash wouldn't have hurt him anymore These are the same jerks who'll complain about their dogs being destructive, noisy, obsessive, etc. No, they are none of the sort, fact is their BORED. He takes daily walks but leaves the dog tied to a fence....oh lord some people need help!

I work at a dog kennel/daycare. We have a German Shepherd who is OBSESSIVE over water spraying, squirts, ANYTHING. We have another GSD who is obsessed with chasing shadows. Their owners come in "well he just kinds of runs around in circles and chews stuff at home". They are not exercised enough. These are WORKING dogs, you can't just expect 'em to be content with sleeping 18+ hours a day.

I can't stand it frankly. I have a pug/beagle mix who got most of the beagle genes. He is extremely high energy, has extreme prey drive, and had bad behavioral issues when I first got him. His old owner, while she was a great women and made the selfless choice, kept him crated all day (7+ hours) and put him back in the crate at night. He had issues with pulling on the leash, stealing, chewing everything, being alone, being put back in his crate, etc. He was a LOT of work. This behavior is all linked back to not enough exercise and being bored. Enter his new life, he goes on walks (not really lately but I've been busy with school), hikes, jogs, etc. In the summer, he even goes on fishing trips with me. He is a gem of a dog. Such a sweetheart, always was, but he never chews anything, and he can be left out when we aren't home ALL DAY. He's great.

But overall, some people shouldn't own dogs.

Don't even get me started on the ones who leave their dogs on a chain 24/7 365 days a year as their furry lawn ornaments.

Lol are we twins?

This is exactly how I feel too.

I think the reason people get dogs is because they are about the cheapest status symbol you can get. I've got a pitbull, therefore I have street cred. I have a beagle, therefore I am a normal human being.

By the way it's Saturday morning again, 8am, and he's out barking away yet again.

These people are retarded. I'm thinking about stealing their dog.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM

LOL I just went out and took some pictures of it.

The dog saw me and went nuts.

The woman came out of the house and brought it in...I made sure she saw me recording every second.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 PM

Well here we are, 2 weeks later, and the dog is still being tied up.

These people need tying up and the dog should have their house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs