Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,117,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
You do know that garlic and onions can make your dog sick.
Are you serious or are you making a funny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,428,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post

(P.S. I am fully aware some of the things in the marinade may be harmful to pets, but it just happened. Fully my fault. He's perfectly fine. That's not the point of this thread )
Quote:
You do know that garlic and onions can make your dog sick.
Read, my friend. Read.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,472,953 times
Our female Doberman started howling about 2 years ago, she is 7 now. Almost every day usually after barking at unseen enemies for several minutes she will do 3-4 real good long howls. She sounds like a cross between a coyote and a wolf. She is my 4th Doberman but the first howler. Always cracks me up.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Our female Doberman started howling about 2 years ago, she is 7 now. Almost every day usually after barking at unseen enemies for several minutes she will do 3-4 real good long howls. She sounds like a cross between a coyote and a wolf. She is my 4th Doberman but the first howler. Always cracks me up.
I thought that was fascinating so I found this: Why Do Dogs Howl?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,352,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
This gives me hope... that one day mine will finally howl for me! Then my life will be complete.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,724,063 times
Pogo was afraid of the ocean. Now he will go there on his leash and when a huge wave comes in he runs at it and barks at it so it will go away. It does go away.

Trouble is, it's endless and he actually thinks it's HIS BARKING that makes it go away.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,598,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
My most recent adoptee was 12 when I got him and he'd lived in a house with a light weight wooden screen door which he could push open by himself when he wanted to go out. To come in of course he had to "ask" with a short woof, woof.

At my house I leave the back door open 24/7 when the weather is nice and he lets himself out whenever he wants. When we wants to come back in he stands at the threshold and gives a woof, woof and waits. There is no screen door and even though he sees the other dogs simply walk back in he waits for me to come and "let him in".

The funniest part is that I do not even have to walk all the way to the door, I just have to step in to the sunroom and tell him to come in from 10 feet away.

I got him in late August and he was just starting to learn that he did not have to ask to be let in and wait for me. Then the weather got cold and the door was closed. Recently we've had one warm day with the door open and he seems to have forgotten that he can come in all by himself. I'll have to start the training process all over again.

Your story reminds me of when I first got Maddie the english cocker. She was 4 when I adopted her and I was at my parents for a week when I got her. My parent's dogs would go in and out the pet door that was in the glass patio door. Maddie would stand and watch them then turn and look at us like did you see that they just walk through glass...then she would walk over and bang her head on the glass as she tried to just walk through the glasss door not the dog door took her a few days to get it after all she was a beautiful blonde ( sorry if you are bonde I could not resist).

The laugh for today goes to Dazzle as he saw one of his friends coming down the path to the dog park and let go that wonderful howl type noise that sight hounds do. Every one was laughing and he turns to look at us like "WHAT?"

Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,026,696 times
Told a lesbian joke. God, I love lesbian jokes!
It might have been someone else, but I thought it was my dog. I'm pretty sure it was, anyway.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,119,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Are you serious or are you making a funny?
See:
ASPCA | People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets

Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The OP already acknowledged that she knew the foods weren't safe for dogs in her very first post you quoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs