Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times

Advertisements

Thought rather then just post a photo of the dogs wishing everyone a Happy Easter I would share a few of the photos. On holidays I make cards that I send to family and good friends . They started with Maddie as a bunny many many many Easters ago and continue today. They are made for more then one holiday too. It turns out many people that have recieved them have "collected "them and if for some reason I do not do a card I get a note saying " why no card this year?" So to be a dog in my home you must be willing to work as a model for silly cards....the pay is good if you ask me.

So we start with props and often I will do several different " costumes" This Easter we had Bunny ears, a flower and an easter bonnet that has bunny ears on it and two willing models. Yet even with willing models it is impossible to go out and get a good photo with one shot so here are some of the bloopers and a few decent shots at the end. Hope they put a smile on your face. You will notice one of my models is much easier to work with as he is more of a mature pro then the youngster.

" Hey look a hawk is flying around up there..loooookkkkk!"

"Make sure you get my good side" ( the Diva) ....( ha she thinks she has a good side!)
(

" Hey Chaos knock it off and behave or we might be out here all day or she might even not pay us"

" If I could write a sonnet in my Easter bonnet"

Not one but two Easter bunnies.

The bunny and the spring flower

"Hey it is dog park time I am out of here!" ( why do I have to work with a Diva?)

Happy Easter to all of our CD friends ....don't eat too many chocolate bunnies!

Last edited by Dashdog; 03-30-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
So cute!! I try to do something similar at Christmas, but never get results as good. My dogs are not that well behaved.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,578 times
What great pictures, love them all! I love the Easter bonnet! I need to make one for my girl next year.

Happy Easter!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:45 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,355,142 times
Ohhhhh DASH!!! These are SOI GREAT!!!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
Ha,ha. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I want to know how you get hem to sit still for the photo shoots and not paw off the decorations? LOL

Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I want to know how you get hem to sit still for the photo shoots and not paw off the decorations? LOL

They get treats for being good and if they start to paw at things I just tell them leave it they are also at either a sit stay or a down stay command. Jazz and Dazzle use to wear costumes and keep them on for the BIG dog parade which took any where from 1-2 hrs depending on where in the parade we were how fast it was moving and how much time we spent in the staging area then at the end they spent another hour or two at the canine festival and they kept the costumes on and loved the attention people gave them cause they wanted photos with themI think for them that attention was enough reward ...Those two were total pros. Phoenix also did the parade once and she too was very good about the costume as she was soaking up all the attention too.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I've never heard of a dog parade! I want to go to one!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Love the pictures!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I've never heard of a dog parade! I want to go to one!

The Big dog parade was sponsored by the BIG DOG clothing company which was based here in Santa Barbara. It started off as a dog walk to raise money for charity for dogs and kids, within 2 years it became a full blown parade. Well over a thousand dogs and most in costumes. We often walked in a group as did many so had a lot of fun coming up with themes. There were judges usually one was a star like Bo Derek and prizes for different catagories of costumes. It went down State Street which is the main drag down town and people started grabbing spots to sit to watch hours before as it drew a huge crowd. State street ends at the beach so at the end it turned did about two more blocks then ended in the beachside park with a dog festivale . So much fun!

Dash use to balk at putting his costume on but once the parade got going and people were laughing as we passed he came to life ( he was the one that loved to make people laugh). I think next to the Solstice parade the town has it was one of the favotite parades . But as all good things end so did the parade as BIG DOG started having financial issues as did teh other companies that helped them sponsor it so despite the fact it did make a lot of money for charity they did not have it one year but said it would be back and now it has been several years and no parade so it os a thing of the past. I will have to find some old photos and scan and post them someday. My two sisters actually came down from Oregon and walked in it one year.My Mom had walked in it with her two dogs I think that was the 3rd year then she came to town to watch in 2006 as that was something she had always wanted to do but put off and at that point she was dieing of lung cancer so some of my coworkers took her to breakfast then to the parade which made me so thankful for my fantastic co workers. She said watching it was even more fun then being in it!

In 2009 there was actually a film made and sold about the parade it was called Unleashed:a Dogumentary it was sort of done in the fashion of the movie DOG Show so was funny. We walked with the agility club who always won one of the top prizes in the parade but then they approached the club president about being in the Movie she refused as she was afraid it would allow someone else to steal our theme for the year anyway we are the group mentioned in the movie the one the other groups want to beat..Yup the movie shows how neurotic and crazy people got about the costumes! I do not know if it can still be found on line or not.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs