Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times

Advertisements

PERMISSION TO CROSS POST......................

WE ARE DESPERATE TO FIND A RESCUE THAT CAN TAKE SHENNA IN AND HELP HER AND HER BABIES FIND FOREVER HOMES !!

SHENNA IS A 2 YEAR OLD PITBULL, VERY FRIENDLY GIRL (WILL TEST HER TOMORROW WITH OTHER DOGS), SHE IS PREGNANT AND THE PUPPIES (BEST GUESS) ARE DUE IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND THEY CAN NOT BE BORN AT THE DOG POUND. FAYETTE COUNTY DOG POUND DOES NOT ADOPT OUT PITBULLS IN THEIR COUNTY BECAUSE THERE IS A BAN ON PITBULLS SO SHENNA ONLY HOPE IS THAT A RESCUE WILL COME FORWARD AND PULL HER.

SHENNA WAS DROPPED OFF AT THE POUND - STATED THAT THE FATHER DOG IS A PITBULL ALSO.
THIS DOG WAS OWNED BY THIS LADIES SON THAT DROPPED HER OFF, SHE STATED SHE HAD TO GO.

PLEASE CALL LEE AT 740-572-0656 ASAP IF YOU CAN HELP - WE ARE DESPERATE AND MAY BE ABLE TO HELP
WITH TRANSPORT ALSO.

THANK YOU,
JOYCE YONKER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 PM

302 posts, read 1,443,884 times
ohhh... what a beautiful girl!! Wish I could take her but 2 goldens and a hubby who would be a mite angry... Will try to think of someone

Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times
AwWwWw! I shouldn't have even opened this thread! I wish I could save every pitty, or really every dog, that came along that needed a good home, but unfortunately I can't. When we first took Jayda in my husband told me we had to find a home for her because three dogs would be too much for us. But we both fell in love with her and neither of us had the heart to send her off to her 4th home in her whole 7 months of life! Plus after only having her for 48 hours I just couldn't imagine my life without her in it! I couldn't imagine my life without all three of my APBTs in it. They really are amazing dogs, they are the loves of my lives, besides the hubby of course. I always say that my fur babies are my heart! If we had a larger home I would have to save a 4th pit. When we move into a larger home in a year or so, and we own our home instead of rent, I think we are going to get a 4th.. Hopefully! But right now we really can't, I feel so bad when I see any animal that needs a home, but especially pits, they really are wonderful dogs!

You know, I know a few people that are involved with rescues throughout Florida. Where is she at right now? If she's not in Florida do you think there would be a way to get her here? I'll e-mail a few people and see if there's anyway someone can help her out. Do you know what breed she is? I'm not sure if it really matters, I'm sure it doesn't, but do they know if she's an American Pit Bull Terrier, an American Staffordshire Terrier or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier? She definitely looks like an APBT or an AmStaff to me.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:18 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
AwWwWw! I shouldn't have even opened this thread! I wish I could save every pitty, or really every dog, that came along that needed a good home, but unfortunately I can't. When we first took Jayda in my husband told me we had to find a home for her because three dogs would be too much for us. But we both fell in love with her and neither of us had the heart to send her off to her 4th home in her whole 7 months of life! Plus after only having her for 48 hours I just couldn't imagine my life without her in it! I couldn't imagine my life without all three of my APBTs in it. They really are amazing dogs, they are the loves of my lives, besides the hubby of course. I always say that my fur babies are my heart! If we had a larger home I would have to save a 4th pit. When we move into a larger home in a year or so, and we own our home instead of rent, I think we are going to get a 4th.. Hopefully! But right now we really can't, I feel so bad when I see any animal that needs a home, but especially pits, they really are wonderful dogs!

You know, I know a few people that are involved with rescues throughout Florida. Where is she at right now? If she's not in Florida do you think there would be a way to get her here? I'll e-mail a few people and see if there's anyway someone can help her out. Do you know what breed she is? I'm not sure if it really matters, I'm sure it doesn't, but do they know if she's an American Pit Bull Terrier, an American Staffordshire Terrier or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier? She definitely looks like an APBT or an AmStaff to me.
They have her listed as a Pitt Bull, so no I don't know...but she is pregnant. They will transport if someone comes up with a rescue, she is in Georgia I think, maybe NC. There is a whole network of transporters that work together on getting dogs to where they need to be. The problem with this girl is she's in a county that has a ban on Pit Bulls and the rescue I'm with is in one of three counties here that also has a ban on Pit Bulls so I can't even pull her for someone. If you find a rescue for her, have the rescue contact get in touch with the person in the notice, and they will arrange from there. She is a pretty thing, I'm sure her pups are as well. If I get anymore pictures I'll post them.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
If the wife would let me and she was social I would in a heart beat.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
This kind of stuff breaks my heart. It's very difficult for any animal to simply be abandoned. When people adopt, agree on a week to see how it goes. If it's not going well, send it back where you found it.

Animals can be incredibly intelligent, but they lack the ability to reason. They have emotions just like humans and they don't understand abandonment.

My son would love another Pit, his is a great dog and he thinks the dog needs company. He is looking for a female, preferably young so that his other can help to train it. The dog he currently has, has the best disposition and the best manners of any dog I've yet to come across. The female they had was left behind with his ex who has not updated her shots. There is an agreement that she has to abide by, and hopefully this dog will be returned to my son. But if not, he does want some companionship for his male dog (not a wife, must be neutered). If this dog fits, let me know.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:47 PM

19 posts, read 40,288 times
Sorry was multi tasking and missed part of it. I guess I got to involved where you stated she was abandoned. Perhaps one of her pups? If she is two years old he may prefer a pup. Thanks. I'll wait to hear from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs