Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 AM

4 posts, read 11,989 times

Advertisements

So happy to hear Four Legged Friends. And thank you so much for posting in this forum. We weren't that fortunate with our beloved Rotti however, having bought him as a puppy in Indonesia it might well be his mother was infected before his birth? He remains in our heart forever ❤ Good luck with your furbabies move xxxx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 PM

9 posts, read 15,381 times
Thank you so much. Im so sorry about your Rotti. They truly always do remain in your heart forever!

I hope you have been able to find another four legged friend since this happened

Old 07-12-2017, 08:44 PM
tfn

3 posts, read 4,422 times
Hi, I'm relocating my pet dog from Malaysia to Australia. I was told that we can actually carry out 4Dx snap test before we send the blood sample for RNAT test in Australia to ensure it passes the ticks and parasites test. Anyone knows about the vet, clinic or lab in Malaysia which I can perform 4Dx test prior to the major test? Thanks for helping...

Old 07-12-2017, 11:24 PM

11 posts, read 18,745 times
Hi tfn
I am currently in Malaysia, in the process of returning to Australia with 2 dogs.
My experience:
I have both dogs tested with a Snap test - both Negative - before leaving Indonesia.
On arriving in Malaysia and preparing to fulfil the Dept of Ag requirements, our Vet sent serum for testing for Ehrlichia canis & Leishmania to AAHL (the renamed CSIRO). We got one negative and one positive result.
Now we are "stranded" in Penang until our girl's E.canis antibodies reach the required 1:40.
Its been 3 months of 2 types of antibiotics twice daily, plus liver support, vitamins and probiotics.
We have sent of blood on Monday (but to a lab in the USA) for a followup and progress test to see how she is going.
From my research, the snap test is not definitive and false negatives etc are possible.
My 2 cents worth, go straight to the required testing.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 PM
tfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC Aust View Post
Hi tfn
I am currently in Malaysia, in the process of returning to Australia with 2 dogs.
My experience:
I have both dogs tested with a Snap test - both Negative - before leaving Indonesia.
On arriving in Malaysia and preparing to fulfil the Dept of Ag requirements, our Vet sent serum for testing for Ehrlichia canis & Leishmania to AAHL (the renamed CSIRO). We got one negative and one positive result.
Now we are "stranded" in Penang until our girl's E.canis antibodies reach the required 1:40.
Its been 3 months of 2 types of antibiotics twice daily, plus liver support, vitamins and probiotics.
We have sent of blood on Monday (but to a lab in the USA) for a followup and progress test to see how she is going.
From my research, the snap test is not definitive and false negatives etc are possible.
My 2 cents worth, go straight to the required testing.
Hi JPC Aust,
I am currently in Penang (Island) as well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.I'm so grateful to meet someone who is willing to share about this ..I found the info online for pets relocation from Malaysia to Australia is limited. Poor girl... Let us keep our fingers crossed. Hope the test works fine this time. Good luck!
May I know which vet is helping you doing all these test? Can you recommend us the vet in Penang which is doing the pets relocation for you? The vet that we had visited is not up to our expectation.. they almost inject another vaccine to my dog without checking the record properly..Furthermore, the doctor never inform us what he was going to do to my dog before the injection also. Luckily my hubby asked and stopped them. We are wondering whether we should start the relocation procedure with the particular vet. Hopefully there is another option.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:41 AM

Hi tfn
I am very happy to share anything that will assist all of us in this horrible situation.
How about we get together sometime soon and exchange our gathered information.
In the meantime, we use Gills Veterinary Clinic - Dr Amreet is knowledgeable about import/export requirements.
If you would care to contact me, my email is jillcleaver@gmail.com.
J

Old 07-17-2017, 01:45 AM
tfn

Hi JPC Aust,
I had send you an email. Hope to hearing from you soon.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:21 AM

Sure .....here is the level of the reading

Type of Sample: Serum

Result: The indirect FA test for antibodies against Ehrlichia Canis was positive at a serum dilution of 1:40

I really hope this helps !

Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 AM

HI JPC AUST... any news on the retesting of your little girl ?

Old 07-24-2017, 03:29 AM

Hi Four Legged Friends

Our news is not so good. She has been on doxycycline for 3 months and the retest is exactly the same 1:5120, so no change at all.
So we have moved forward with Plan B. We are off to New Zealand and are now well on the way with that. NZ does not test for E.Canis.
We will live there, continue with her medication, retesting intermittently, until the antibodies come down.

Also, in this process, we are now getting testing done at ProtaTek Laboratory in Arizona. ProtaTek manufacture the E.canis testing kits and the head Vet of their Reference Library has been exceptionally helpful providing me with information and support. As long as the Government Department approves of the testing laboratory, Dept of Agriculture in Australia will accept this lab.

Testing timeline:
Blood drawn on Monday
Fedex picked up BT10 box from Vet at 11.00am Tuesday, Penang
Fedex delivered in Arizona 9.00am Thursday.
Test results emailed back Friday late afternoon.

Cannot complain about that service and it is 1/3 cheaper that AAHL (renamed CSIRO).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs