Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 06:53 PM

323 posts, read 199,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
Is it a metal pan? Maybe seeing his reflection in the pan. My male sometimes does it when drinking water, and I know he is seeing his reflection. His food dish is solid not metal.

Meerkat manor on the big screen tv drives my dogs crazy. They run to look behind the tv for the meers.
^^^^^THIS!^^^^^

my dog was barking and growling when he was eating. I googled this and landed here. Turns out he was eating out of a new aluminum metal dish. I read this and took it away and switched the dish to a ceramic bowl and he stopped growling, barking and ate. Thanks for your reply because it helped!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 09:49 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Have any of you tried feeding your dogs on a small rug or something else that isn't hard? (a dishcloth, small towel, etc)

We had a small dog that was terrified of any kind of bowls and plates and I finally found that feeding her on one of those rubber hot plate thingys, ((https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Silic...=rubber+trivet)) made her a happy pooch. She was even nervous to drink from a bowl, (stretched towards it), but that couldn't be helped.

Yes ok, some of our friends said that this was a spoiled dog, but if you were afraid to eat from something, wouldn't you be happier eating from something that wasn't scary?

Old 09-16-2017, 01:30 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Have any of you tried feeding your dogs on a small rug or something else that isn't hard? (a dishcloth, small towel, etc)

We had a small dog that was terrified of any kind of bowls and plates and I finally found that feeding her on one of those rubber hot plate thingys, ((https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Silic...=rubber+trivet)) made her a happy pooch. She was even nervous to drink from a bowl, (stretched towards it), but that couldn't be helped.

Yes ok, some of our friends said that this was a spoiled dog, but if you were afraid to eat from something, wouldn't you be happier eating from something that wasn't scary?
Does her tag dangle and hit the water bowl? I had a Pom years ago that suddenly started showing an aversion to drinking from his bowl. It is easily solved with a tag silencer.

Old 09-16-2017, 04:37 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Does her tag dangle and hit the water bowl? I had a Pom years ago that suddenly started showing an aversion to drinking from his bowl. It is easily solved with a tag silencer.
She didn't wear a tag on her collar.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:08 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This is why my dog refuses to eat or drink from a metal dish! The clinking sound scares him, plus his tag got stuck one time, making a sound he couldn't escape... ever since then, he HAS to eat off ceramic or plastic dishes.

FYI: The thread was started in 2009, and the dog was already 11 years old. So sadly, I assume this little guy (the OP's pug) has since crossed the bridge. Hopefully they solved the mystery, though!

Old 05-19-2019, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 6,689 times
Do you know what to do if your pug does not stop barking at his biscuits and his sister when she wants to eat because our house needs help
All we hear is bark bark bark it is so annoying. We can’t hear ourselves think!!臘*♀️領
We love him so much but it gets tiring.

As for rjgonsalves get the dog spray that sends a high pitched sound and stops barking. Ours just carries on barking but my aunt bought it for her pug and it worked. So get pets at home dog spray it’s quite cheap 10 pounds for a big bottle.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,689 times
Smile Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
She didn't wear a tag on her collar.
Mine doesn’t
Just asking if you could see what I could do

Old 05-19-2019, 12:49 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug lover View Post
Do you know what to do if your pug does not stop barking at his biscuits and his sister when she wants to eat because our house needs help
All we hear is bark bark bark it is so annoying. We can’t hear ourselves think!!臘*♀️領
We love him so much but it gets tiring.

As for rjgonsalves get the dog spray that sends a high pitched sound and stops barking. Ours just carries on barking but my aunt bought it for her pug and it worked. So get pets at home dog spray it’s quite cheap 10 pounds for a big bottle.
You may find you can interrupt barking without needing to buy anything. Get a metal can and put small rocks, screws, nails, or other small hard things you happen to have round the house inside. Put a lid on the can. When the dog starts unwanted barking, shake the can! It will probably startle the dog or at least distract him from whatever he's doing. An empty dog food can with one of those plastic replacement lids works great for this...and it's sort of appropriate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs