Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 03:13 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,816,044 times

Advertisements

First off, I confess to being a cat person. I have had dogs in the past, but always cats as well. I love and appreciate all animals.

In my neighborhood and ~5 surrounding neighborhoods people have been spotting a medium size, but very skinny, loose dog here and there for a year or so. Some mistook it for a coyote or a fox. Eventually a neighbor posted about the dog on nextdoor.com.

That posting got out to lots of folks and some attempted to trap it using a Havahart type trap. For months on end people would see the dog in their yard but it wouldn't take the bait. So much discussion on what type of food to use, where you had seen it last, and you name it.

Well, about two weeks ago she was finally caught. She is in poor health, but in the vet being cared for. She has mange and wounds all over her, but is getting better. She even wagged her tail the other day. She has been eating well and seems interested in her surroundings. The neighborhoods are donating to pay her vet bills.

Her name is Grace and has been adopted by one of the neighbors. I hope she continues to do well and gets to go to her new home soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 03:38 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,985 times
Now that's a story that makes my heart sing. I'll be keeping Grace in my prayers for her continued recovery. I'm so happy she'll have a home to go to.

Your neighborhood sounds awesome to be paying her vet bills. This is truly a feel good happy ending make you cry story. Yay for Grace!

Old 11-29-2015, 06:22 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
Nice story as we all love happy endings. So glad this dog is now being taken care of.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:51 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Glad so many people cared-and acted.

Thanks for posting that.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
What a beautiful story, and how wonderful that the neighbors looked out for her welfare before she was caught.

Here, as in many places, there are many online sites (mostly FB pages) to post lost/found pets. I love to see the pics of "found" pets, taken alongside bowls of food and water that the "finders" have put out for them. Most people are very kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs