Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:05 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times

Advertisements

Harness that secures to a tie-down or seat belt clasp is still much better than them becoming a projectile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 PM

685 posts, read 720,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
That sounds like a "have you ever owned a car" question.

You shouldn't drive out here. You'd wear out the 9 and 1 buttons on your phone!

You missed the point totally....you were the one who was being illegal and endangering the folks around you for something that was not illegal.
For the record...I wouldn't wear out the 9 and 1 button on my phone because I don't use my phone while driving.
Just because there is a "everybody else does it attitude"that is rampant throughout the roads doesn't make it right. I have a close relative who walks with a cane now who was hit by an idiot using a phone while driving...so I don't care to see pictures that were obviously taken by a cellphone while driving....especially of some dog having fun.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 AM

231 posts, read 236,644 times
Too bad i got my 'dont let your dog do this". deleted

Many peoplel might not have read further on this post re the comment..

Oh well..I tried.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:49 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
I do not allow my own dogs to ride with their head out the window, but it is not against the law and you waste police dispatcher time because nobody is going to send a police officer about a dog with its head out the window of a car.

They probably wouldn't dispatch a police officer for a report of a child hanging his head out the window, although if a policeman saw the chikd, he would probably stop the car to check on the child safety seat. Is the child seat required in all states? There must be age limits. Kids are supposed to wear seat belts, but I'm sure I could get my head out the window while wearing my seat belt.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:51 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
(Only half joking, but a policeman might be reluctant to stop that car with a dog that big able to come out the window at him)

Old 04-30-2017, 10:35 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I do not allow my own dogs to ride with their head out the window, but it is not against the law and you waste police dispatcher time because nobody is going to send a police officer about a dog with its head out the window of a car.

They probably wouldn't dispatch a police officer for a report of a child hanging his head out the window, although if a policeman saw the chikd, he would probably stop the car to check on the child safety seat. Is the child seat required in all states? There must be age limits. Kids are supposed to wear seat belts, but I'm sure I could get my head out the window while wearing my seat belt.
I used to work for a police department. If the OP misled the dispatcher like he or she did with this thread title, a police officer's time would be wasted because there are no laws being broken. If the dispatcher knew that only the head could fit through the opening, then he or she wouldn't send anyone.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:49 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
A question for those "loving pet owners" who allow this...........

would you drive a convertible that had no windshield w/o wearing goggles or glasses ?

If not, why do you not care 2 cents about your dog's eyes?

Old 04-30-2017, 12:02 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post

would you drive a convertible that had no windshield w/o wearing goggles or glasses ?

I never really thought of this. But then I also think of all the family dogs that have done this since childhood, my husband's dogs, my friend's dogs, and not one eye injury. Maybe they have super blinking powers.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-30-2017, 03:42 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post

Not a valid comparison. The deflection of wind from the front of the car to the wind on the side of the car would take out most (but not all) of the debri. Add to that the difference in aerodynamics created by a dog's head (usually angled by the way) and the smaller size, compared to a human and the risk is further reduced. I get you don't like dogs sticking there heads out windows, and I agree there is some risk to eye injury for the dog, but I think you are vastly overstating the risk by changing the situation from one thing to another quite different situation.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:02 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Yeah have my arm out the window in the slipstream when it's warm all the time. Never been pelted with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs