Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 02:16 PM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamra101 View Post
My seven month old puppy just stated doing this it happens when I wash the bedding so for now on he will be crated when not at home and at nite thanks to all of your posts they helped alot
Washing the bedding seems to be a trigger for my little pisher too.....not always...but sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,515,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Washing the bedding seems to be a trigger for my little pisher too.....not always...but sometimes.
Elston my little Diva the westie did that a while back I chalked it up to the move to the apt.. She had never ever done that before in her life. She was on the bed and when I went to turn the rest of the bed down to get in I put my hand on the biggest wet spot ever. How could so much liquid come from such a little dog. She looked at me as if to say " that's what you get for taking me away from my big yard".I had just brought her in from her evening walk too, the little dickens.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Elston my little Diva the westie did that a while back I chalked it up to the move to the apt.. She had never ever done that before in her life. She was on the bed and when I went to turn the rest of the bed down to get in I put my hand on the biggest wet spot ever. How could so much liquid come from such a little dog. She looked at me as if to say " that's what you get for taking me away from my big yard".I had just brought her in from her evening walk too, the little dickens.
The same with our little beagle girl on Sunday night....she had a nice walk and did her business.....when I went to bed it was dry.....DP brought her up while I was asleep and put her on the bed.....she cuddled up to my neck.....but in the hour before he came up....she almost peed on my head....my pillow even was a little wet. I slept thru it.....was dead to the world....until I heard him try to get into bed and discover the wet.....it went right thru the comforter a blanket and two sheets and soaked the protective mattress cover! So out of a sound sleep I was stripping the bed....carrying the mess to the laundry and then scrouging for covers for the bed....we really didnt have enough (so I ordered a new flannel set and a blanket from llbean today) we dont heat the bedroom and I cant be getting into percale sheets in the winter! Too Cold!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,311 times
Hi I have a cavalier king charles spaniel , maleaged 3 . which pees on my bed now and then, the latest time being when I had to go to my neibhours place late at night as she was sick , when I came home he had peed on my bed , he has done this before when I
have left my door open when I have gone out for the day ,
It is so annoying to have to wash all the bedding , He is very loving and obedient and I try to do the usuall things when walking and feeding and he seems to know i am boss ,
What else can I do other than shutting my door , which I went out in such a hurry I forgot last night

Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,223 times
Unhappy Dog peeing in bed

I have the same problem...my Simba who is pit and american bull dog mix...is a lil over 1 and also likes to pee in our beds...but sometimes he does it when he is asleep! Never heard of a dog peein in his sleep...but he pee's more in my sons bed since he sleeps with him...he has peed 2 times in mine one while he was sleep and the next time the other day and I have no clue when! I leaned over cuz I smelled pee and thot one of them had pee'd on my floor but nope it was wet where I leaned over...I do not do pee in my bed! Im getting frustrated cuz when I leave for work for the day they are locked up stairs and he pees on the carpet....he got into this habit when we were struggling with his uti a few months back...now he seems ok to just pee in the house...and he pee's when he gets excited when he see's us after being gone...he doesnt seem to know he is peeing either! Im lost and confused....and do not know what to do..we luv him and dont want to get rid of him but I cannot have my house smelling like dog urine like it does now....nothing works and takes away that smell..not nautures miracle or other cleaning agents I have tried...and now I have to clean all my carpets which are only 5 mos. old and smell like they are years old and full off pee...any one wanna help me with this problem??

Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,301 times
Her peeing on the bed has absolutely nothing to do with "dominance." The dominance theory of training and dog life has been completely disproven. A simple google search of "why does the dog pee on the bed" doesn't even bring up one article that discusses dominance on the first page of the search.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twosassi4u View Post
I have the same problem...my Simba who is pit and american bull dog mix...is a lil over 1 and also likes to pee in our beds...but sometimes he does it when he is asleep! Never heard of a dog peein in his sleep...but he pee's more in my sons bed since he sleeps with him...he has peed 2 times in mine one while he was sleep and the next time the other day and I have no clue when! I leaned over cuz I smelled pee and thot one of them had pee'd on my floor but nope it was wet where I leaned over...I do not do pee in my bed! Im getting frustrated cuz when I leave for work for the day they are locked up stairs and he pees on the carpet....he got into this habit when we were struggling with his uti a few months back...now he seems ok to just pee in the house...and he pee's when he gets excited when he see's us after being gone...he doesnt seem to know he is peeing either! Im lost and confused....and do not know what to do..we luv him and dont want to get rid of him but I cannot have my house smelling like dog urine like it does now....nothing works and takes away that smell..not nautures miracle or other cleaning agents I have tried...and now I have to clean all my carpets which are only 5 mos. old and smell like they are years old and full off pee...any one wanna help me with this problem??
Clean everything with white vinegar It helps to neutralize the scent and dogs don't like the smell so they keep away for a bit. If he's peeing in his sleep, have him checked out by a vet for further urinary issues stemming from his past UTI.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twosassi4u View Post
How old is he? I'd get him to the vet. Something is wrong. If he's young, it could be a urinary track infection. If he already had a urinary track infection, it might not be healed. If he's older, he could be getting dementia, degenerative spine, etc. At any age it could be diabetes. Take him to the vet.

If my dog pee'd in my bed, my dog would no longer be sleeping in my bed. I'd get a dog bed and I would cover it with plastic and then wrap it with a blanket. The blanket can be repeatedly cleaned. The plastic will protect the cushions.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,864,343 times
peeing on the bed is common in intact dogs, its a territorial marking NOT a dominance behaviour..
howeer in this new case VET...a normal healthy dog does NOT pee in its sleep and i completly agree with hopes, theres some underlying issue going on to cause lack of bladder control when sleeping and a UTI is the first thing that comes to mind!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:03 PM

244 posts, read 487,704 times
Has anything changed at home, did somebody leave, are there tensions, somebody travelling, ..... Sometimes dogs do that just to get attention or to show that they are unhappy with a certain situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs