Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM

160 posts, read 432,886 times

Advertisements

For smaller dogs my vet recommended a baby onesie to prevent the dog from getting to the stiches. My little pom couldn't get to the stitches and looked quite cute as well...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
We're getting our puppy (5 months) spayed on Thursday. We've opted to bring her to our vet although it is going way over our budget. They will do laser surgery and keep her overnight. ): My husband preferred the vet (over $300) to the Human Society (my choice). I love my dog very much but it's so expensive...!

What I can I expect for her when she comes home on Friday? Will she be able to eat or will she sleep a lot? How long is the recovery?
My husband will be home with her all day till I get home from work. So...any info on how your puppies did at the vet...let me know it will be okay...
a nervous mom!!
my choice also a vet you do trust for the puppy. A dog and a puppy is costly
but worth it!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:10 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,784,000 times
My vet charged me 80 dollars for a spay. (country vet)

Expect the dog to be groggy for a while. DO NOT TAKE THE CONE OFF HER HEAD UNTIL SHE IS HEALED!!!!

I made the mistake of letting my dog Lucy go outside without her cone after her spaying. The reason was she kept trying to destroy the cone by running along the fence and hitting it on the pole. She showed up at the door with her guts hanging out after she chewed out her stitches. They were able to sew her back up but it was distressing to see it.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,595 times
My baby got spayed Weds. she came home and was fine and ate we kept her in the house for 24 hours then put her back in her kennel outside. Today is Saturday and she hasn't ate anything. She seems fine and drinking but we have her back in the house tonight and I will take her out on leash. If no better and eatting in the a.m. I will be calling the number

Old 12-06-2015, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,595 times
Default follow up

Called vet this morning they told me told me to give her white rice and chicken breast in a can. She ate good. One cup rice and about half can of chicken will feed it to her again tonight and she is coming back in the house to stay. Love my baby girl. One of her eyes is irritated but she is so rambunctious trying to keep her calm.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:50 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Quote:
What should I expect when my puppy comes home from being spayed?
Not the answer you're looking for, but...A TATTOO! Possibly. Seems that's kinda a normal thing now for vets too apply a thin, short (about 3/4 inch long) tattoo -- usually in blue or green ink -- on the dog's belly to indicate that the dog has been spayed/neutered.

When I adopted my rescue (male) almost two years ago, I noticed the mark and thought it was ink from a Sharpie. I figured it was left over from his surgery but it didn't occur to me that it was a tattoo. Until the mark never went away, that is. Then I started researching online and discovered the story behind the thin green line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs