Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,986,328 times

Advertisements

I know people will probably come down on me...I hope not though. I had two puppies that I simply could not keep. I won't go into the reasons why, but I had no choice to give them away. My friend, who already had 4 puppies of a different breed, begged me to give them to her. I cried for days and felt so bad giving them away, but I knew she would take care of them, and she has. I have seen them and they are healthy and happy.

BUT, now she told me she cannot handle them anymore and so far hasn't been able to find a good home for them. She wants to give it very little more time and has asked if I mind if she gives them to the rescue for their breed. The rescue does not destroy dogs and these two cute little dogs will probably find a good home. But what worries me is I will never know for sure. My friend outright told me that she would find a good home for them and now she's saying she can't.

I cannot take them back. Is there any way I can find a good home for them quickly before she gives them to the rescue? I hope you will understand my plight and not come down on me for giving away the dogs.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:36 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
Thats rough... I dont think there is away to know about them Unless you take them back & rehome them yourself. What breed are they if I may ask?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:42 PM

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I can't rehome them but I do care about their welfare. I am totally in a stuper about her asking me this.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:58 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
Could she keep them for you while you adv for homes for them? Make sure you cover food etc. Those are super dogs...IF she adv them they would be gone quick. Or did she take them to try to sell them?
You could return them to the breeder..that away they Might tell you about the new home...O let me guess You are the breeder!

Last edited by Katie1; 06-17-2008 at 05:17 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 05:16 PM

I don't think she took them to sell them, but I don't know for sure. I have to make sure she is totally serious about giving them away and then I guess I'll have to start looking. This really stinks.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:18 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I can't rehome them but I do care about their welfare. I am totally in a stuper about her asking me this.
I can't believe this.
I am a HUGE fan of cavs. I used to have two of them, my first one, Chelsea passed away a couple years back and the one I have now, Cinders is getting VERY old. Cinders was rehomed with me from the breeder because the original owner was not able to keep her.

Please look at my photo album for pictures.

Tell me about the puppies. Maybe it was fate that you posted this here. Please DM me if you would be interested in considering me as a parent to them.

I would want the to sleep in my bed with me and be beloved members of the family.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I can't believe this.
I am a HUGE fan of cavs. I used to have two of them, my first one, Chelsea passed away a couple years back and the one I have now, Cinders is getting VERY old. Cinders was rehomed with me from the breeder because the original owner was not able to keep her.

Please look at my photo album for pictures.

Tell me about the puppies. Maybe it was fate that you posted this here. Please DM me if you would be interested in considering me as a parent to them.

I would want the to sleep in my bed with me and be beloved members of the family.
I am DMing you back right now. I will look at your album also.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Could she keep them for you while you adv for homes for them? Make sure you cover food etc. Those are super dogs...IF she adv them they would be gone quick. Or did she take them to try to sell them?
You could return them to the breeder..that away they Might tell you about the new home...O let me guess You are the breeder!

What does that mean? I'm NOT the breeder and actually paid good money for them.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
We would be SO thrilled to give them a good home and keep in contact with you about them.

I regularly send out emails to friends about our petting zoo as it is, I could just add you to the list.

The cavs I have had in the past were females and while I loved them I had thought about getting boys next time.

What colors are they?

Have they been around cats? If not thats OK because they are usually pretty docile animals and can get used to cats. My cats are VERY laid back, almost to the point of being CATatonic at times.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:51 PM

No cats. When they were here, we had no other pets and my friend has 4 Rottweiler puppies, of all things. But she says they have all been getting along well.

They are Blenheim. They have papers but we never filed them.

Just so we are clear..I am not trying to sell them. I am trying to find a good home for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs