Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times

Advertisements

Yorkies are so little and so cute they kind of look like a stuffed animal or something... that's one reason I NEVER give my dogs toys that look like real animals. I'm hoping he won't figure out that he's a hunter dog!

I also don't go to dog parks...

Last edited by World Citizen; 10-23-2008 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:48 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash330 View Post
I am just heartbroken for my co-worker's yorkie. He is a 4-year-old 8 lb Yorkie who has been going to the dog park since he was a pup. His mom and dad have always taken him to the big dog park (not sure why). Well, yesterday at the park a German Shepherd thought Marley the yorkie looked like a snack. The GS got a hold of Marley and shook him. Marley's dad finally got him away from the dog and the GS's owner said, "he's never done that before." Marley was bleeding and yelping so his dad didn't take much time to get into it with the GS owner. Marley had surgery yesterday and will take a while to recover. The vet is very optimistic. . However, I have to wonder what role the GS owner, if they ever find her, will play in the repayment of vet bills. My friend and her BF will go back to the dog park and probably find the owner (people who go there are regulars). Do my friends have any right to ask for the GS owner to pay for half the vet bill? I mean, what is an 8 lb dog doing in a large dog run area? I'm sympathetic to my friends, but I think they were in the wrong for going in the big dog area. Any thoughts?
Yes, bring a camera to the park. Take a picture of the owner and follow them to the car and get a pic of the license. You can take them to court if you have to and sue.

Such B.S. when they say, "That never happened before."

Old 10-23-2008, 09:50 PM

947 posts, read 3,409,221 times
I agree although the GS may be aggressive and maybe should not of been there at all, I must acknowledge that fact that the yorkie is sooo small and well, like someone else said, zipping around excited, Ummm this little "thing" must be a toy. And the Yorkie should not have been there either.

I would never bring a little dog into a large breed dog park. Keep them in the small dog section. In My opinion this is pure common sence! So as unfortunate as this is I would have to say that it is the ultimate responsibility of the Yorkie owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Yorkies are so little and so cute they kind of look like a stuffed animal or something... that's one reason I NEVER give my dogs toys that look like real animals. I'm hoping he won't figure out that he's a hunter dog!

I also don't go to dog parks...
World. ... Great point!!! (I love the new smilies too!!!)
What kind of dog do you have?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
I agree although the GS may be aggressive and maybe should not of been there at all, I must acknowledge that fact that the yorkie is sooo small and well, like someone else said, zipping around excited, Ummm this little "thing" must be a toy. And the Yorkie should not have been there either.

I would never bring a little dog into a large breed dog park. Keep them in the small dog section. In My opinion this is pure common sence! So as unfortunate as this is I would have to say that it is the ultimate responsibility of the Yorkie owner.

World. ... Great point!!! (I love the new smilies too!!!)
What kind of dog do you have?
I have a lab puppy. His picture's on my page. (he's pretty cute!!!)

Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I have a lab puppy. His picture's on my page. (he's pretty cute!!!)
I can't get to your Page, It is for Friends Only...

Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 PM

See if you can now... I didn't know I had it like that!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM

No I See It!!!!

Soooo Cute!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Thanks! I think he knows it, too...

Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 PM

Crash,
What is the out come here?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:20 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I know how your friend feels because Simon was attacked at the park several years ago. The dog's owner was sitting on a bench with the leash in his hand and his dog dragged him across the grass to attack Simon. Simon was on antibiotics for 10 days (luckily no surgery like your co-worker's dog), but I now carry pepper spray with me. If it happens again, the owner gets sprayed along with the dog.

I sincerely hope that your friend's dog recovers completely. My thoughts are with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs