Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times

Advertisements

Healing vibes are being sent your way for Pearl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:38 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Im so glad Pearl is home and recovering...she is such a beauty, I love her smiley face (even though it was drug-induced! Lol!) You are wonderful, committed parents, I wish every pet had parents who would sleep in the living room like that! Keep up the great work & keep us posted on the pretty baby!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,193 times
Pearl starting putting some weight down on her leg on Saturday, which was post surgery day #4. We were worried that she had not tried to put her foot down, but we came to the conclusion that she has been favoring it. Each day she is putting it down a little more.

Oklahoma has been hit by an ice and sleet storm as of yesterday. Our entire concrete back porch area is one solid sheet of ice. This is obviously not good when you need to get a dog that just had a recent surgery out for bathroom breaks while making sure she doesn't hurt herself by slipping. At the recommendation of our doggie day care, we picked up Safe Paws Ice Melter Safe Paw (TM) Ice Melter - 100% Salt-Free This is completly animal friendly. This is expensive (about $20 for 8 lbs), but considering we need to ensure her safety crossing our icy porch to get to the grass...it is worth it! Once this was put down, Pearl didn't slip at all! You have to remember we are dealing with ice and sleet...not snow. Snow would have been much easier to deal with IMO.

Last edited by Amazonchix; 01-27-2009 at 07:06 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM

Okay, an update on our Miss Pearl!!!! Pearl has dropped weight per the doctor instructions to cut back on food for rehab purposes. Poor gal, she looks so thin.

Pearl is up to walking 5 minutes twice a day. We're about to bump her up to a 10 minute walk and a 5 minute walk a day. An important note though, Pearl gets excited to go on her walks. In terms of spirit and progress, Pearl is doing really great. At this point, she's got a hitch to her step and walks stiffed legged. She appears protective of her leg and is not coming off her toes. Today is the first day that I have seen her walk on her toes, but it is only here and there. Her walks wear her down and she crashes afterwards. There are times I wish she would have a perfect gait already (patience is a virtue). But, I have to remember how long it took me to rehab after my ankle break and to get complete flexibility back. Today is post surgery day #21 for Miss Pearl.

FYI, Jersey Blue (our 75lb male dog) has been a complete gentleman and has been very cautious around his sister. Not to mention, Jersey Blue has become quite the socialite at his doggie day care.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 PM

315 posts, read 1,091,695 times
i'm glad to read that pearl is doing so well. and i could tell jersey blue is a gentleman from his pictures. ( i posted my private message before i finished this thread but the prayers are still going out to pearl)

Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 AM

378 posts, read 1,652,598 times
How is Pearl doing?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:04 AM

Stan...if you look above to my previous post on 2/10 that is the complete Pearl update. All the healing thoughts from all the wonderful people in our family, our friends and folks on CD have really helped her! I'm just thankful we are in a position to help her. Funny thing though...she could be so aloof at times in the past pre surgery (considered it the female in her, lol), but now she is so extra loving it's funny. Can't say that it bothers me in the least! In about an hour...she and I will head out to do her first of two rehab walks for today.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:37 AM

378 posts, read 1,652,598 times
Sorry.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANLEY50 View Post
Sorry.

Don't be! I'm tickled people care.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
I just read about Pearl I am so glad she is doing well and so happy that other dog owners feel the same way about their dogs as I do

Good and healing thoughts to Pearl and her family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs