Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,433,152 times

Advertisements

I went last week and pulled four more dogs from the shelter I work with. I'd seen them when I did a transport of ten dogs out of there the weekend before and called dibs! LOL They're four little old chihuahua men and I just fell in love. One of them looks soooo much like my Munchi that I wonder if they are related. They all came in together as strays from animal control. Munchi came in the same way. So, it's possible. And they both have that snotty attitude!

Anyway, my new adoptions coordinator has named them all after characters from Andy Griffith show. She just joined the rescue officially, though she's been my transport coordinator and the person that does the press realeases for the rescue for some time now. But since it's official now we decided she should name them.

Anyway...............

We've got a tan boy with a white face named Barney. His friend is a white boy named Andy. There are two tri color boys named Gomer and Goober. Goober has long hair like Munchi and Gomer has short hair and lots of dental issues (his tongue is always hanging out the side of his mouth) and either has a birth defect with his ears of at some point he had severe double hematomas that were never lanced and have collapsed tight against his little head. He'll always need to have extra attention to his ears to make sure they stay clean and dry.

They are all so sweet. Barney and Andy especially. And Barney - holy smokes what a snuggler. He'll just cry and cry until you put him on your lap and give him attention. Andy likes to be beside you but not on you. The other two both need to be neutered so they've got attitudes and don't get along real well. I've been attacking the behavior / training side of that but it's just not going to be fixed until they're neutered. Hoping the clinic can get them in next week. *fingers crossed*

They all went to the vet today for weights and a quick check and their rabies vaccs. All the chis are in the seven pound range. They did so good though. Every time someone came in they approached them immediately, all wiggle. So many dogs I pull come in terrified of people and take a while to warm up. I'm so glad they're at least well socialized!!

So, in my house now we have ten chihuahuas! Eeek! Granted, six belong to us. Four to hubby, Munch to me, and one belongs to my youngest daughter. Can you tell they're one of my favorite breeds?

Anyway.................. I know everyone is waiting for photos and for me to shut up! I know what photo nuts you all are around here. So here are the new kids:

Gomer:

Goober. Notice the over size tongue hanging out the side of his head!

Andy:

Barney:

Goober and Munchi. Munch is laying down sticking her tongue out - such a lady! Goob is standing in front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
They look like very happy and lucky dogs to me!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
What cutiepies! I love chihuahuas too, I have 4 and my boyfriend has 3, and when they all get together for "animal party" it gets pretty wild...lol!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:53 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,272,051 times
Awwwwwwwwwwwww............................... looks like your going to be kept busier than normal. Congratulatins ...very lucky Chi's indeed.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,335 times
What a very cute bunch of lucky and loved dogies.
Gomer reminds me of my late cat Pickles. He had feline lukemia. No teeth. (ate hard food-STRONG gums) His tongue always hung out. Double hematoma of his ears. (happened naturally) And was anemic. He was my Bud. He lived to be eight. I know this is a dog thread... but Gomer reminded me SO much of little Pickles, I couldn't help myself.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times
I'm one of those guys that likes the bigger breeds for personal pets.
But I salute you for taking care of any animal in need.
Bless you for caring about them.
They all deserve love and compassion.
They sure are cuties and deserve a good life.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,426,651 times
How adorable, they are just precious. Gotta concur w/ everyone else, they are very, very lucky to wind up with you and your crew. Hugs to all!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
what CUTE little fellas ....... and so fortunate.......

Old 03-24-2010, 06:04 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,921,015 times
Aww... what a bunch of sweeties. You are so wonderful for taking them in.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,040,976 times
Goooooooober!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs