Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,210,483 times

Advertisements

My 6 yo JRT has his stuffed toy 'baby' that he sucks on the face at night. Don't know if he was taken from his mother too soon (they said someone stole her) but he HAS to have it at night. He will take it outside for the last pee of the night and if he drops it and forgets to bring it in he will go nuts lookin for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:58 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunInHair View Post
Gave our male lab mix, Hobbs, a quacking, plush, duck toy. Instead of ripping it apart, he carries it around wherever he goes, whimpers over it, and won't let the kitten play with it (he just moves it away). Hobbs takes the duck outdoors with him, digs a hole under a tree and sets the duck in it, then goes off to do his business. He brings the duck back inside most of the time. At night, he restlessly carries the duck around, up and down stairs, as if he's trying to find the right place for the quacking critter. Is this his "security blanket"?

AAAwWW he's so cute yes it's his own little PUPPY, BABY aawww you should post a pic of him with his BEST FRIEND

Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Macie LOVES stuffed squeaky toys.....they last about a week before she disembowels them..We can't buy them for fear she will swallow the squeaker. The closest she gets is the sqeaky tennis balls....

Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,700,354 times
My dog does not exhibit that kind of behavior now that she is older but she certainly did when she was a puppy. She always had a favorite toy that she would sleep with or keep close by. Although, now that she is older, she does have an attachment to her raquetball--she takes it with her everytime we go outside--but I think that it is b/c it is a toy that she hopes to play with rather than a security blanket.
BTW, this is the cutest story I have every read, especially b/c the toy is a duck. I don't know what it is about the imagery but is it hilariously adorable.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
wow, this thread brings back memories of my beloved peek-a-poo. ~sigh~ I miss her and her toy antics. She's been gone 4 years now and I had her for 16 years.

She too had a toy box full of stuffed animals and they all had names.
You could tell her to go get blue dog and off she would go....digging through the box in search of that one.
or say "go get bama(an elephant LOL) and again.she would dig through the bunch until she found the one you asked for.

such a precious baby she was. I shall miss her forever.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:10 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,427,751 times
Sounds very cute. You might want to get a couple of back-up ducks, just in case his falls apart - have seen owners posting in desperation if anyone has a certain toy and then they'll describe it but they usually can't rem. where they bought it - anyway just a thought -

Old 07-24-2009, 04:45 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,272,742 times
Everyone of our Rotties have been different.
Some love stuffed animals...
Some loved balls...
Some love both stuffed animals, squeaker toys & balls...
Even a couple of Rotts that never played with a ball or toy their whole life living with us.
Funny how they can be so different.

Our latest rescued Rott has been with us almost 1-1/2 years. He loves every toy under the sun. If it squeaks...he's in heaven.
I have to buy extra bags of squeakers to sew into his stuffed animals when the squeaker breaks.
For the most part, he doesn't break the squeakers often at all, like some of our Rotts have in the past.

As long as they have fun...
Nothing better than watching your dogs play with their toys.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:41 AM

216 posts, read 682,356 times
I know a lab that carries a dish towel around with him. He sometimes carries it on walks. I see him laying out on his front porch with the dish towel in his mouth, relaxing, watching the world go by......just him and his dish towel.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
too cute!! Is his name Linus??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
I know a lab that carries a dish towel around with him. He sometimes carries it on walks. I see him laying out on his front porch with the dish towel in his mouth, relaxing, watching the world go by......just him and his dish towel.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,755 times
Hey, you had a teddy bear, he has a duck. Maybe he needs more attention from you so he won't feel so lonely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs